Topics

who knows this?

P. Otter
 

hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter

David Moore
 

Hi Paul!

Here is what I do when I hear those choices and not a message!

I just press:

Windows+M to go to the desktop,

And Press:

Alt+Tab, and it says the message to me, along with the choices.

That works every time.

David Moore

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: P. Otter
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 5:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?

 

hello friends from nvda,

I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows

because of an update for example.

I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.

I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.

not even with the numeric keypad.

not even with nvda-key plus 7

who knows what to do?

thanks in advance!

paul otter

 

 

 

Dejan Ristic
 

Hi to you, friend,


When I'm in such trouble, I press NVDA plus B to let it read what it has to read in such a dialogue. Try that.

On 31/08/2018 11:12, P. Otter wrote:
hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter


.

P. Otter
 

thanks a lot!
I'll try it.
cheers
paul otter


Op 31-8-2018 om 13:31 schreef Dejan Ristic:

Hi to you, friend,


When I'm in such trouble, I press NVDA plus B to let it read what it has to read in such a dialogue. Try that.


On 31/08/2018 11:12, P. Otter wrote:
hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter



.



P. Otter
 

and also thanks to you for your help!
cheers
paul otter


Op 31-8-2018 om 12:44 schreef David Moore:

Hi Paul!

Here is what I do when I hear those choices and not a message!

I just press:

Windows+M to go to the desktop,

And Press:

Alt+Tab, and it says the message to me, along with the choices.

That works every time.

David Moore

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: P. Otter
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 5:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?

 

hello friends from nvda,

I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows

because of an update for example.

I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.

I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.

not even with the numeric keypad.

not even with nvda-key plus 7

who knows what to do?

thanks in advance!

paul otter

 

 

 


Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I would say no then, and see if you can find out

What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and see if there is any text there?
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?


hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Erm no, not for me!
Some are just really irritating!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Moore" <jesusloves1966@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


Hi Paul!
Here is what I do when I hear those choices and not a message!
I just press:
Windows+M to go to the desktop,
And Press:
Alt+Tab, and it says the message to me, along with the choices.
That works every time.
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: P. Otter
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 5:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?

hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter






Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc. Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then goodbye.
I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try it directly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


I would say no then, and see if you can find out

What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and see if there is any text there?
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?


hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter



Gene
 

The link is:
I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly with NVDA.  It does with JAWS.  It is now, in my opinion a question for NVDA developers to look at.  is this an NVDA problem or a site problem?  Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't justified?
 
Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to down arrow rather than tab through forms in general.  Consider the following:
Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):
 
Password is the field and JAWS sees that text.  But the information about must be six characters, etc. is not read.  That is important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully without seeing it.  They won't include a number or it will be too short. 
 
There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important between fields that is not read when tabbing.  Again, another example of poor Internet instruction.  There are forms where I know, as an experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible information between the fields.  But what about all the inexperienced users?  What about people who fill out a form, don't know the importance of down arrowing, not tabbing through a form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted?  Had they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a field, they'd know. 
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not
read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc.
Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then
goodbye.
 I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody
wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try
it directly.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
<bglists@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


>I would say no then, and see if you can find out
>
> What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
> programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
> I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and
> see if there is any text there?
> Brian
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
> Subject: [nvda] who knows this?
>
>
>> hello friends from nvda,
>> I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
>> because of an update for example.
>> I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
>> I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no
>> to.
>> not even with the numeric keypad.
>> not even with nvda-key plus 7
>> who knows what to do?
>> thanks in advance!
>> paul otter
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>



Gene
 

I need to make a correction.  I just checked and, for some reason, I was wrong about Chrome.  When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either.  So the question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is this discrepancy on other sites.  Is this very rare or does it occur often enough to be addressed by the developers?
 
Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted message below.  I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here is the more clear version.  The message appears below my signature.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

The link is:
I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly with NVDA.  It does with JAWS.  It is now, in my opinion a question for NVDA developers to look at.  is this an NVDA problem or a site problem?  Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't justified?
 
Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to down arrow rather than tab through forms in general.  Consider the following quote from the form we are discussing:
Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):
 
JAWS sees the word "password" but the explanatory text about what the password must contain is not read when tabbing.  That is important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully without seeing it.  They won't include a number or it will be too short. 
 
There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important between fields that is not read when tabbing.  Again, another example of poor Internet instruction.  There are forms where I know, as an experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible information between the fields.  But what about all the inexperienced users?  What about people who fill out a form, don't know the importance of down arrowing instead of tabbing through a form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted?  Had they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a field, they'd know. 
 
Experienced users may want to tab through unfamiliar forms but they may have problems as a result.  the best way to deal with a form is to down arrow through it and certainly, inexperienced users should do so as a matter of routine.  And, of course, anyone should try down arrowing through a form if information isn't read that is necessary while tabbing.   
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not
read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc.
Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then
goodbye.
 I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody
wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try
it directly.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
<bglists@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


>I would say no then, and see if you can find out
>
> What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
> programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
> I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and
> see if there is any text there?
> Brian
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
> Subject: [nvda] who knows this?
>
>
>> hello friends from nvda,
>> I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
>> because of an update for example.
>> I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
>> I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no
>> to.
>> not even with the numeric keypad.
>> not even with nvda-key plus 7
>> who knows what to do?
>> thanks in advance!
>> paul otter
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>



Chris G
 

For what it is worth, Narrator in Internet Explorer or ChromeVox in
Chrome doesn't read them either when tabbing.
In Narrator, you can do a caps-left arrow to read it, then a caps-right
arrow to move back to the edit field. You can do the same ChromeVox
equivalent command to get the info.

This is under Windows 10 1803.

Freedom may have worked some magic on their end to deal with these types
of controls.
Also if the site in question is relying on other libraries or plugins to
function, an upgrade from the third party may have changed something
that causes them not to read. It is hard to know.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower


On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:22:04 -0500
"Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

I need to make a correction. I just checked and, for some reason, I was wrong about Chrome. When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either. So the question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is this discrepancy on other sites. Is this very rare or does it occur often enough to be addressed by the developers?

Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted message below. I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here is the more clear version. The message appears below my signature.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


The link is:
https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/My_Account
I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly with NVDA. It does with JAWS. It is now, in my opinion a question for NVDA developers to look at. is this an NVDA problem or a site problem? Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't justified?

Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to down arrow rather than tab through forms in general. Consider the following quote from the form we are discussing:
Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):

JAWS sees the word "password" but the explanatory text about what the password must contain is not read when tabbing. That is important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully without seeing it. They won't include a number or it will be too short.

There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important between fields that is not read when tabbing. Again, another example of poor Internet instruction. There are forms where I know, as an experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible information between the fields. But what about all the inexperienced users? What about people who fill out a form, don't know the importance of down arrowing instead of tabbing through a form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted? Had they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a field, they'd know.

Experienced users may want to tab through unfamiliar forms but they may have problems as a result. the best way to deal with a form is to down arrow through it and certainly, inexperienced users should do so as a matter of routine. And, of course, anyone should try down arrowing through a form if information isn't read that is necessary while tabbing.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not
read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc.
Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then
goodbye.
I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody
wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try
it directly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


I would say no then, and see if you can find out

What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and
see if there is any text there?
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?


hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no
to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter








Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

P. Otter
 

hello, I have tried both tips that I have received in the forum.
so nvda key plus b and windows key plus m and then tab, unfortunately both tips do not work.
in this case it was skype, it was mentioned that it was an app with a microsoft approval.
but the name of the app remained hidden.
does anyone have another idea?
Or would it be an idea to build in a key combination here in nvda?

I think it's important to know what app or programm will update.
I want to know the name before I say yes or no.
cheers
paul otter

Op 1-9-2018 om 19:25 schreef Chris G:

For what it is worth, Narrator in Internet Explorer or ChromeVox in
Chrome doesn't read them either when tabbing.
In Narrator, you can do a caps-left arrow to read it, then a caps-right
arrow to move back to the edit field. You can do the same ChromeVox
equivalent command to get the info.

This is under Windows 10 1803.

Freedom may have worked some magic on their end to deal with these types
of controls.
Also if the site in question is relying on other libraries or plugins to
function, an upgrade from the third party may have changed something
that causes them not to read. It is hard to know.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower


On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:22:04 -0500
"Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

I need to make a correction. I just checked and, for some reason, I was wrong about Chrome. When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either. So the question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is this discrepancy on other sites. Is this very rare or does it occur often enough to be addressed by the developers?

Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted message below. I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here is the more clear version. The message appears below my signature.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


The link is:
https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/My_Account
I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly with NVDA. It does with JAWS. It is now, in my opinion a question for NVDA developers to look at. is this an NVDA problem or a site problem? Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't justified?

Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to down arrow rather than tab through forms in general. Consider the following quote from the form we are discussing:
Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):
JAWS sees the word "password" but the explanatory text about what the password must contain is not read when tabbing. That is important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully without seeing it. They won't include a number or it will be too short.

There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important between fields that is not read when tabbing. Again, another example of poor Internet instruction. There are forms where I know, as an experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible information between the fields. But what about all the inexperienced users? What about people who fill out a form, don't know the importance of down arrowing instead of tabbing through a form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted? Had they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a field, they'd know.

Experienced users may want to tab through unfamiliar forms but they may have problems as a result. the best way to deal with a form is to down arrow through it and certainly, inexperienced users should do so as a matter of routine. And, of course, anyone should try down arrowing through a form if information isn't read that is necessary while tabbing.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not
read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc.
Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then
goodbye.
I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody
wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try
it directly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


I would say no then, and see if you can find out

What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and
see if there is any text there?
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?


hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no
to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter






Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower



hurrikennyandopo ...
 

Hi


If it was the skype update i just got to night i had to alt/tab to bring
the focus to that UAC screen. I guess that was because i had a few
windows open. usually tabbing through it will tell you what it is you
can always use the more information link it gives you. If some things
are not read out make sure it is in focus and you can also use the nvda
key + letter B to have it read out.


Gene nz

On 9/2/2018 6:48 PM, P. Otter wrote:
hello, I have tried both tips that I have received in the forum.
so nvda key plus b and windows key plus m and then tab, unfortunately
both tips do not work.
in this case it was skype, it was mentioned that it was an app with a
microsoft approval.
but the name of the app remained hidden.
does anyone have another idea?
Or would it be an idea to build in a key combination here in nvda?

I think it's important to know what app or programm will update.
I want to know the name before I say yes or no.
cheers
paul otter

Op 1-9-2018 om 19:25 schreef Chris G:
For what it is worth, Narrator in Internet Explorer or ChromeVox in
Chrome doesn't read them either when tabbing.
In Narrator, you can do a caps-left arrow to read it, then a caps-right
arrow to move back to the edit field. You can do the same ChromeVox
equivalent command to get the info.

This is under Windows 10 1803.

Freedom may have worked some magic on their end to deal with these types
of controls.
Also if the site in question is relying on other libraries or plugins to
function, an upgrade from the third party may have changed something
that causes them not to read.  It is hard to know.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while
actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio
tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer
eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter
containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free
downloads, and so much more.
     Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower


On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:22:04 -0500
"Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:

I need to make a correction.  I just checked and, for some reason, I
was wrong about Chrome.  When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't
see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either.  So the
question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is
this discrepancy on other sites.  Is this very rare or does it occur
often enough to be addressed by the developers?

Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted
message below.  I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make
them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here
is the more clear version.  The message appears below my signature.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


The link is:
https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/My_Account
I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly
with NVDA.  It does with JAWS.  It is now, in my opinion a question
for NVDA developers to look at.  is this an NVDA problem or a site
problem?  Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the
number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't
justified?

Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to
down arrow rather than tab through forms in general. Consider the
following quote from the form we are discussing:
Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):
  JAWS sees the word "password" but the explanatory text about what
the password must contain is not read when tabbing.  That is
important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully
without seeing it.  They won't include a number or it will be too
short.

There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important
between fields that is not read when tabbing. Again, another example
of poor Internet instruction.  There are forms where I know, as an
experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible
information between the fields.  But what about all the
inexperienced users?  What about people who fill out a form, don't
know the importance of down arrowing instead of tabbing through a
form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted?  Had
they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a
field, they'd know.

Experienced users may want to tab through unfamiliar forms but they
may have problems as a result.  the best way to deal with a form is
to down arrow through it and certainly, inexperienced users should
do so as a matter of routine.  And, of course, anyone should try
down arrowing through a form if information isn't read that is
necessary while tabbing.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still
could not
read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes
etc.
Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use
it, then
goodbye.
  I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If
somebody
wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy
to try
it directly.
  Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
<bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?


I would say no then, and see if you can find out

What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no
buttons and
see if there is any text there?
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] who knows this?


hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in
windows
because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes
or no
to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter






Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while
actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio
tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer
eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter
containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free
downloads, and so much more.
     Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower






Gene
 

Do you know what is updating after you say yes?  People have given suggestions.  If they don't work, whatever is presenting the question may be inaccessible and I don't know if there is anything, other than the app itself correcting the problem, that can be done. 
 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: P. Otter
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2018 1:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

hello, I have tried both tips that I have received in the forum.
so nvda key plus b and windows key plus m and then tab, unfortunately
both tips do not work.
in this case it was skype, it was mentioned that it was an app with a
microsoft approval.
but the name of the app remained hidden.
does anyone have another idea?
Or would it be an idea to build in a key combination here in nvda?

I think it's important to know what app or programm will update.
I want to know the name before I say yes or no.
cheers
paul otter

Op 1-9-2018 om 19:25 schreef Chris G:
> For what it is worth, Narrator in Internet Explorer or ChromeVox in
> Chrome doesn't read them either when tabbing.
> In Narrator, you can do a caps-left arrow to read it, then a caps-right
> arrow to move back to the edit field. You can do the same ChromeVox
> equivalent command to get the info.
>
> This is under Windows 10 1803.
>
> Freedom may have worked some magic on their end to deal with these types
> of controls.
> Also if the site in question is relying on other libraries or plugins to
> function, an upgrade from the third party may have changed something
> that causes them not to read.  It is hard to know.
>
> Chris Grabowski
> Mystic Access
> WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
> https://www.MysticAccess.com
> Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
>      Contact:
> Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
> Twitter: MysticAccess
> Facebook: mysticaccessempower
>
>
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:22:04 -0500
> "Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:
>
>> I need to make a correction.  I just checked and, for some reason, I was wrong about Chrome.  When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either.  So the question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is this discrepancy on other sites.  Is this very rare or does it occur often enough to be addressed by the developers?
>>
>> Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted message below.  I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here is the more clear version.  The message appears below my signature.
>>
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Gene
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:43 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>> The link is:
>> https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/My_Account
>> I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly with NVDA.  It does with JAWS.  It is now, in my opinion a question for NVDA developers to look at.  is this an NVDA problem or a site problem?  Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't justified?
>>
>> Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to down arrow rather than tab through forms in general.  Consider the following quote from the form we are discussing:
>> Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):
>>  
>> JAWS sees the word "password" but the explanatory text about what the password must contain is not read when tabbing.  That is important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully without seeing it.  They won't include a number or it will be too short.
>>
>> There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important between fields that is not read when tabbing.  Again, another example of poor Internet instruction.  There are forms where I know, as an experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible information between the fields.  But what about all the inexperienced users?  What about people who fill out a form, don't know the importance of down arrowing instead of tabbing through a form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted?  Had they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a field, they'd know.
>>
>> Experienced users may want to tab through unfamiliar forms but they may have problems as a result.  the best way to deal with a form is to down arrow through it and certainly, inexperienced users should do so as a matter of routine.  And, of course, anyone should try down arrowing through a form if information isn't read that is necessary while tabbing.
>>
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>> Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not
>> read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc.
>> Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then
>> goodbye.
>>   I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody
>> wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try
>> it directly.
>>   Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
>> <bglists@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>>> I would say no then, and see if you can find out
>>>
>>> What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
>>> programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
>>> I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and
>>> see if there is any text there?
>>> Brian
>>> bglists@...
>>> Sent via blueyonder.
>>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>>> in the display name field.
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
>>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
>>> Subject: [nvda] who knows this?
>>>
>>>
>>>> hello friends from nvda,
>>>> I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
>>>> because of an update for example.
>>>> I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
>>>> I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no
>>>> to.
>>>> not even with the numeric keypad.
>>>> not even with nvda-key plus 7
>>>> who knows what to do?
>>>> thanks in advance!
>>>> paul otter
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> Chris Grabowski
> Mystic Access
> WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
> https://www.MysticAccess.com
> Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
>      Contact:
> Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
> Twitter: MysticAccess
> Facebook: mysticaccessempower
>
>
>
>
>



P. Otter
 

i want to know what is updating before I click on yes.
first I want to know what is the name of the app or programm that wants to update.
cheers
paul otter


Op 2-9-2018 om 16:35 schreef Gene:

Do you know what is updating after you say yes?  People have given suggestions.  If they don't work, whatever is presenting the question may be inaccessible and I don't know if there is anything, other than the app itself correcting the problem, that can be done. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: P. Otter
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2018 1:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

hello, I have tried both tips that I have received in the forum.
so nvda key plus b and windows key plus m and then tab, unfortunately
both tips do not work.
in this case it was skype, it was mentioned that it was an app with a
microsoft approval.
but the name of the app remained hidden.
does anyone have another idea?
Or would it be an idea to build in a key combination here in nvda?

I think it's important to know what app or programm will update.
I want to know the name before I say yes or no.
cheers
paul otter

Op 1-9-2018 om 19:25 schreef Chris G:
> For what it is worth, Narrator in Internet Explorer or ChromeVox in
> Chrome doesn't read them either when tabbing.
> In Narrator, you can do a caps-left arrow to read it, then a caps-right
> arrow to move back to the edit field. You can do the same ChromeVox
> equivalent command to get the info.
>
> This is under Windows 10 1803.
>
> Freedom may have worked some magic on their end to deal with these types
> of controls.
> Also if the site in question is relying on other libraries or plugins to
> function, an upgrade from the third party may have changed something
> that causes them not to read.  It is hard to know.
>
> Chris Grabowski
> Mystic Access
> WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
> https://www.MysticAccess.com
> Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
>      Contact:
> Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
> Twitter: MysticAccess
> Facebook: mysticaccessempower
>
>
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:22:04 -0500
> "Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:
>
>> I need to make a correction.  I just checked and, for some reason, I was wrong about Chrome.  When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either.  So the question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is this discrepancy on other sites.  Is this very rare or does it occur often enough to be addressed by the developers?
>>
>> Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted message below.  I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here is the more clear version.  The message appears below my signature.
>>
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Gene
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:43 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>> The link is:
>> https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/My_Account
>> I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly with NVDA.  It does with JAWS.  It is now, in my opinion a question for NVDA developers to look at.  is this an NVDA problem or a site problem?  Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't justified?
>>
>> Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to down arrow rather than tab through forms in general.  Consider the following quote from the form we are discussing:
>> Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):
>>  
>> JAWS sees the word "password" but the explanatory text about what the password must contain is not read when tabbing.  That is important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully without seeing it.  They won't include a number or it will be too short.
>>
>> There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important between fields that is not read when tabbing.  Again, another example of poor Internet instruction.  There are forms where I know, as an experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible information between the fields.  But what about all the inexperienced users?  What about people who fill out a form, don't know the importance of down arrowing instead of tabbing through a form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted?  Had they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a field, they'd know.
>>
>> Experienced users may want to tab through unfamiliar forms but they may have problems as a result.  the best way to deal with a form is to down arrow through it and certainly, inexperienced users should do so as a matter of routine.  And, of course, anyone should try down arrowing through a form if information isn't read that is necessary while tabbing.
>>
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>> Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not
>> read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc.
>> Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then
>> goodbye.
>>   I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody
>> wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try
>> it directly.
>>   Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
>> <bglists@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>>> I would say no then, and see if you can find out
>>>
>>> What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
>>> programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
>>> I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and
>>> see if there is any text there?
>>> Brian
>>> bglists@...
>>> Sent via blueyonder.
>>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>>> in the display name field.
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
>>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
>>> Subject: [nvda] who knows this?
>>>
>>>
>>>> hello friends from nvda,
>>>> I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
>>>> because of an update for example.
>>>> I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
>>>> I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no
>>>> to.
>>>> not even with the numeric keypad.
>>>> not even with nvda-key plus 7
>>>> who knows what to do?
>>>> thanks in advance!
>>>> paul otter
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> Chris Grabowski
> Mystic Access
> WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
> https://www.MysticAccess.com
> Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
>      Contact:
> Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
> Twitter: MysticAccess
> Facebook: mysticaccessempower
>
>
>
>
>




Gene
 

Do some programs tell you and some not or do none tell you.  I'm trying to determine if this is an accessibility problem with certain programs, a problem with your Windows causing nothing to tell you, or a problem with only certain programs.  If it's a problem with only certain programs, I doubt you can other than, perhaps performing OCR on the screen, which might tell you.
 
If it's a problem with Windows, you may be able to correct it or, if you don't want to spend the time and trouble, I have no idea how easy or difficult it may be, doing OCR on the screen may tell you in that case as well.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: P. Otter
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2018 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

i want to know what is updating before I click on yes.
first I want to know what is the name of the app or programm that wants to update.
cheers
paul otter


Op 2-9-2018 om 16:35 schreef Gene:
Do you know what is updating after you say yes?  People have given suggestions.  If they don't work, whatever is presenting the question may be inaccessible and I don't know if there is anything, other than the app itself correcting the problem, that can be done. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: P. Otter
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2018 1:48 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?

hello, I have tried both tips that I have received in the forum.
so nvda key plus b and windows key plus m and then tab, unfortunately
both tips do not work.
in this case it was skype, it was mentioned that it was an app with a
microsoft approval.
but the name of the app remained hidden.
does anyone have another idea?
Or would it be an idea to build in a key combination here in nvda?

I think it's important to know what app or programm will update.
I want to know the name before I say yes or no.
cheers
paul otter

Op 1-9-2018 om 19:25 schreef Chris G:
> For what it is worth, Narrator in Internet Explorer or ChromeVox in
> Chrome doesn't read them either when tabbing.
> In Narrator, you can do a caps-left arrow to read it, then a caps-right
> arrow to move back to the edit field. You can do the same ChromeVox
> equivalent command to get the info.
>
> This is under Windows 10 1803.
>
> Freedom may have worked some magic on their end to deal with these types
> of controls.
> Also if the site in question is relying on other libraries or plugins to
> function, an upgrade from the third party may have changed something
> that causes them not to read.  It is hard to know.
>
> Chris Grabowski
> Mystic Access
> WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
> https://www.MysticAccess.com
> Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
>      Contact:
> Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
> Twitter: MysticAccess
> Facebook: mysticaccessempower
>
>
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:22:04 -0500
> "Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:
>
>> I need to make a correction.  I just checked and, for some reason, I was wrong about Chrome.  When tabbing through the fields, it doesn't see the text associated with the fields using NVDA either.  So the question is, why does JAWS see it and NVDA not and how common is this discrepancy on other sites.  Is this very rare or does it occur often enough to be addressed by the developers?
>>
>> Also, I didn't express myself with proper clarity in the quoted message below.  I'm therefore rewriting certain passages to make them properly clear. If anyone was uncertain what I was saying, here is the more clear version.  The message appears below my signature.
>>
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Gene
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:43 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>> The link is:
>> https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/My_Account
>> I tried the site with Firefox and it didn't read the fiels correctly with NVDA.  It does with JAWS.  It is now, in my opinion a question for NVDA developers to look at.  is this an NVDA problem or a site problem?  Does this affect enough sites to be worked on or is the number so very small that the correction, if there is one, isn't justified?
>>
>> Also, this form illustrates the reason people should be taught to down arrow rather than tab through forms in general.  Consider the following quote from the form we are discussing:
>> Password (must be at least 6 characters and contain at least 1 number):
>>  
>> JAWS sees the word "password" but the explanatory text about what the password must contain is not read when tabbing.  That is important information and a lot of people won't sign up successfully without seeing it.  They won't include a number or it will be too short.
>>
>> There are a lot of sites that have information that may be important between fields that is not read when tabbing.  Again, another example of poor Internet instruction.  There are forms where I know, as an experienced user, that I don't have to worry about missing possible information between the fields.  But what about all the inexperienced users?  What about people who fill out a form, don't know the importance of down arrowing instead of tabbing through a form, and don't understand why the form is not being accepted?  Had they down arrowed and seen information about the syntax to use in a field, they'd know.
>>
>> Experienced users may want to tab through unfamiliar forms but they may have problems as a result.  the best way to deal with a form is to down arrow through it and certainly, inexperienced users should do so as a matter of routine.  And, of course, anyone should try down arrowing through a form if information isn't read that is necessary while tabbing.
>>
>> Gene
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 1:06 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>> Hi, I had little luck with Jaws either on that web site. i still could not
>> read what the fields were withoug messing about with different modes etc.
>> Not sure what is going on and to be honest if its that hard to use it, then
>> goodbye.
>>   I do worry though that we may be looking at different forms. If somebody
>> wishes to actually post a direct link to the sign up page, I'm happy to try
>> it directly.
>>   Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"
>> <bglists@...>
>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 6:33 PM
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] who knows this?
>>
>>
>>> I would say no then, and see if you can find out
>>>
>>> What happen with nvda b when the message pops up, Unfortunately some
>>> programs tend to put text in as a graphic, so then you have a problem.
>>> I assume you used screen navigation to get out of the yes no buttons and
>>> see if there is any text there?
>>> Brian
>>> bglists@...
>>> Sent via blueyonder.
>>> Please address personal E-mail to:-
>>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>>> in the display name field.
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
>>> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
>>> Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:12 AM
>>> Subject: [nvda] who knows this?
>>>
>>>
>>>> hello friends from nvda,
>>>> I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows
>>>> because of an update for example.
>>>> I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
>>>> I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no
>>>> to.
>>>> not even with the numeric keypad.
>>>> not even with nvda-key plus 7
>>>> who knows what to do?
>>>> thanks in advance!
>>>> paul otter
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> Chris Grabowski
> Mystic Access
> WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
> https://www.MysticAccess.com
> Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
>      Contact:
> Phone: (716) 543-3323  (Ext. 500)
> Twitter: MysticAccess
> Facebook: mysticaccessempower
>
>
>
>
>




Dejan Ristic
 

Hi once more,

To be more specific, today I happened to face a new VLC update coming into view. NVDA did not inform me of an update being available. As I've already said to you, I hit NVDA plus B to read the message of updates with the buttons making up the dialogue together with the message asking whether I wished to perform the updates.

On 31/08/2018 13:31, Dejan Ristic wrote:
Hi to you, friend,


When I'm in such trouble, I press NVDA plus B to let it read what it has to read in such a dialogue. Try that.


On 31/08/2018 11:12, P. Otter wrote:
hello friends from nvda,
I have a fairly simple question, sometimes there is a choice in windows because of an update for example.
I can now choose yes, install or no, do not install.
I just can not manage to read the question that I have to say yes or no to.
not even with the numeric keypad.
not even with nvda-key plus 7
who knows what to do?
thanks in advance!
paul otter



.



.