ccleaner new version

Hi all portable ccleaner users.

Here is the updated ini file if you don't want to bother with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

For those that want to know what is changed.

options/privacy needs to be reset because the preffs string is different.

The only other thing I have done is clear out the version strings that existed in there and rebuilt the ics program version string data.

For all the rest, while you can get the slim installer now I have portable it just works.

Things that have been changed include fixing the privacy setting issues with extra info added for that option including more datashheets for it.

The adjusting of the monitering so it says smart cleaning instead to explain what it does.

If you turn off smart cleaning ccleaner shouldn't stay loaded at startup anymore.

There is supposed to be a checkbox revamp and some more descriptions but I have yet to see any change, and to be honest now that I can use portable easily enough I don't know if I will ever go back to installed ever again.

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!
Thanks for the info below about CCleaner 5.46, with the Dropbox link to the new .ini file.
Talking of links, would it be possible to post one here where we can easily get the portable version of CCleaner, please? When my current portable version tells me there is an update, I'm taken to the Piriform site when I hit the "yes" button, and I can't find a download link for portable CCleaner there. Doing a Google search brings up different results every time, and the sites in the Google search results can be confusing anyway.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Bye for now!
From Clare

[...]

Roger Stewart

Can you please provide a link to the latest portable version? I tried Googling it and there were several links there, but I tried them all and none of them seemed to work.  I found the download button but when I activate it it just clicks and shows a screen shot of the Ccleaner itself but no download occurred on any of those links I found.

Thanks.

Roger

\

On 9/1/2018 12:21 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

.

Gene

Only use the portable version or the slim version.  The other versions are likely to install unwanted programs in additional to the actual software.

Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2018 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ccleaner new version

Can you please provide a link to the latest portable version? I tried
Googling it and there were several links there, but I tried them all and
none of them seemed to work.  I found the download button but when I
activate it it just clicks and shows a screen shot of the Ccleaner
itself but no download occurred on any of those links I found.

Thanks.

Roger

\

On 9/1/2018 12:21 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
> Hi all portable ccleaner users.
>
> Here is the updated ini file if you don't want to bother with it.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1
>
> For those that want to know what is changed.
>
> options/privacy needs to be reset because the preffs string is different.
>
> The only other thing I have done is clear out the version strings that
> existed in there and rebuilt the ics program version string data.
>
> For all the rest, while you can get the slim installer now I have
> portable it just works.
>
> Things that have been changed include fixing the privacy setting
> issues with extra info added for that option including more
> datashheets for it.
>
> The adjusting of the monitering so it says smart cleaning instead to
> explain what it does.
>
> If you turn off smart cleaning ccleaner shouldn't stay loaded at
> startup anymore.
>
> There is supposed to be a checkbox revamp and some more descriptions
> but I have yet to see any change, and to be honest now that I can use
> portable easily enough I don't know if I will ever go back to
> installed ever again.
>

> .

Roger Stewart

I was trying to get the latest version of the portable Ccleaner.

Roger

Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2018 11:05 AM

Can you please provide a link to the latest portable version? I tried
Googling it and there were several links there, but I tried them all and
none of them seemed to work.  I found the download button but when I
activate it it just clicks and shows a screen shot of the Ccleaner
itself but no download occurred on any of those links I found.

Thanks.

Roger

\

On 9/1/2018 12:21 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
> Hi all portable ccleaner users.
>
> Here is the updated ini file if you don't want to bother with it.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1
>
> For those that want to know what is changed.
>
> options/privacy needs to be reset because the preffs string is different.
>
> The only other thing I have done is clear out the version strings that
> existed in there and rebuilt the ics program version string data.
>
> For all the rest, while you can get the slim installer now I have
> portable it just works.
>
> Things that have been changed include fixing the privacy setting
> issues with extra info added for that option including more
> datashheets for it.
>
> The adjusting of the monitering so it says smart cleaning instead to
> explain what it does.
>
> If you turn off smart cleaning ccleaner shouldn't stay loaded at
> startup anymore.
>
> There is supposed to be a checkbox revamp and some more descriptions
> but I have yet to see any change, and to be honest now that I can use
> portable easily enough I don't know if I will ever go back to
> installed ever again.
>

> .

this is the portable version of the ccleaner

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/portable

On 9/2/2018 4:05 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
[...]

Thanks much! That worked like a champ! I bookmarked the page so as long as the portable version is always on this page I can get newer versions from now on. If they change the page with each new version, then it won't work but I hope it will.

Roger

On 9/1/2018 1:16 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

                I use to view the summary report by pressing alt+tab after ccleaner announces 100 percent analyse button, but that does not seem to work.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Thanks much! That worked like a champ! I bookmarked the page so as long

as the portable version is always on this page I can get newer versions

from now on. If they change the page with each new version, then it

won't work but I hope it will.

Roger

On 9/1/2018 1:16 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

> this is the portable version of the ccleaner

> https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/portable

> On 9/2/2018 4:05 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:

>> Can you please provide a link to the latest portable version? I tried

>> Googling it and there were several links there, but I tried them all

>> and none of them seemed to work.  I found the download button but

>> when I activate it it just clicks and shows a screen shot of the

>> Ccleaner itself but no download occurred on any of those links I found.

>> Thanks.

>> Roger

>> \

>> On 9/1/2018 12:21 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

>>> Hi all portable ccleaner users.

>>> Here is the updated ini file if you don't want to bother with it.

>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

>>> For those that want to know what is changed.

>>> options/privacy needs to be reset because the preffs string is

>>> different.

>>> The only other thing I have done is clear out the version strings

>>> that existed in there and rebuilt the ics program version string data.

>>> For all the rest, while you can get the slim installer now I have

>>> portable it just works.

>>> Things that have been changed include fixing the privacy setting

>>> issues with extra info added for that option including more

>>> datashheets for it.

>>> The adjusting of the monitering so it says smart cleaning instead to

>>> explain what it does.

>>> If you turn off smart cleaning ccleaner shouldn't stay loaded at

>>> startup anymore.

>>> There is supposed to be a checkbox revamp and some more descriptions

>>> but I have yet to see any change, and to be honest now that I can

>>> use portable easily enough I don't know if I will ever go back to

>>> installed ever again.

>>> .

>> .

Desert Moon

Hello,

Not a big fan of products like CCleaner. In September of 2017, it was widely reported that the backdoor was being exploited to have malware implanted. And another report last December:

The actual malware detected in CCleaner was found to contain malicious code: the attackers implanted their code in a legitimate product that received a legitimate certificate.

Who knows when or if the above will happen again. Use the product at your own risk.

--
Desert

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes that new google format is really awful making search a multi search process. It used to be intuitive now it is awful, sadly other search engines seem to be going the same way.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

By unwanted they mean avast anti virus, usually a couple of hours after you installed ccleaner. Then you need avastclear to get rid of it so it does not self install again later after you uninstall it.
[...]

In my experience the portable is normally an older version to the installed one.

I also noticed something in an advert on filehippo yesterday, an advert for an Avast system cleaning utility. Could we be nearing the end of ccleaner now they belong to Avast as it seems half the universe now does?
[...]

Not tried the latest but it normal does work. It might not work if you try it with a portable nvda though.

[...]

I doubt that its the case.

Adds are usually just spammy adds and I wouldn't trust them.

As for the portable version, its been the same version for ages and ages, that means your installed version from official ccleaner site, is the latest always and you can get it from the builds page.

And even if it became an avast product its not that bad as long as you still had portable.

Look at sophos, look at malwarebytes, malware bytes is a sophos product.

So it can work.

I will not install it but even so ccleaner is still good.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@gmail.com>

[...]

The problem is that the aggressive Avast people took over PiReform and I understand the old team were not particularly happy about this. In fact the malware was not bad, but I suspect was done deliberately by the disgruntled people who no doubt were getting the chop..
It has scanned OK and now they have at least given people the ability to turn off the snooping, at least we assume they have come clean completely as obviously the free version had to be subsidised by collecting metrics from the users.

The real power bits of ccleaner for me are the ability to look at browser add ons, and tasks and start up items and toggle them, also to see what system restore points are set and to remove old ones.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Not a big fan of products like CCleaner. In September of 2017, it was widely reported that the backdoor was being exploited to have malware implanted. And another report last December:

The actual malware detected in CCleaner was found to contain malicious code: the attackers implanted their code in a legitimate product that received a legitimate certificate.

Who knows when or if the above will happen again. Use the product at your own risk.

--
Desert

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I would take issue with you about your .ini file. If i run that with ccleaner it will remove all the mailto links in the registry, so nothing will use my default mail client when i click on a lingk to an email address. I've put that all back as default now. Also, I have also made the cookies line remove avast cookies.
[...]

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>

Oh man, I broke my main system Friday trying to get rid of the evil thing that is Avast! To make a long story short, I was trying to stop it from starting up so I could do the manual uninstall. I went into MSConfig in order to do that and instead of disabling just the Avast services, somehow I managed to disable everything.

    I used to use MSConfig when it was just the list of programs starting up and then a way to stop them. Well now it still gives you the list but then it says either enable all or disable all.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
[...]

Below is the link for the enhancer file, which will allow more cleaning options and otherwise. It should work on portable versions. I've also included a link to Puran Utilities, an accessible revo uninstaller alternative. Puran is not portable. I believe it is open source though? Not sure. Puran is also like a system mechanic, but accessible. It hasn't been updated in a while though, but I have yet to find a program as good.

https://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/

http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Utilities-Download.html

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

It is very simple not to install Avast when installing CCleaner.  When first launching CCleaner installer, each time jaws announces something arrow up and dow a lot you will hit the check box to install Avast.  It’s there don’t say it’s hidden, you just gotta be careful!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Only use the portable version or the slim version.  The other versions are

likely to install unwanted programs in additional to the actual software.

Can you please provide a link to the latest portable version? I tried

Googling it and there were several links there, but I tried them all and

none of them seemed to work.  I found the download button but when I

activate it it just clicks and shows a screen shot of the Ccleaner

itself but no download occurred on any of those links I found.

Thanks.

Roger

\

On 9/1/2018 12:21 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

> Hi all portable ccleaner users.

> Here is the updated ini file if you don't want to bother with it.

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/m15toyhbsmdy5fb/ccleaner.ini?dl=1

> For those that want to know what is changed.

> options/privacy needs to be reset because the preffs string is different.

> The only other thing I have done is clear out the version strings that

> existed in there and rebuilt the ics program version string data.

> For all the rest, while you can get the slim installer now I have

> portable it just works.

> Things that have been changed include fixing the privacy setting

> issues with extra info added for that option including more

> datashheets for it.

> The adjusting of the monitering so it says smart cleaning instead to

> explain what it does.

> If you turn off smart cleaning ccleaner shouldn't stay loaded at

> startup anymore.

> There is supposed to be a checkbox revamp and some more descriptions

> but I have yet to see any change, and to be honest now that I can use

> portable easily enough I don't know if I will ever go back to

> installed ever again.

> .

Gene

What makes it awful?  If you simply move by heading, you will get to the same results, displayed in the same manner, as previously.  You will hear the category you are in, web results as a heading, then continuing to move by heading using h, which moves from heading to heading, to get to exactly the same results.