Merging and autoducking 2 tracks in Audacity

Claire Potter <claire.potter99@...>

Hi all, I apologise in advance as I do know that this is not a list for
Audacity, but I would really appreciate it if anyone can help. I have 2
tracks which I need to merge together, one is a music track, the other is
speech, what I need to try to do is put the 2 together so that when I start
to speak the music track continues to play but just at a lower level. Does
anyone know how to do this using Audacity and NVDA?

Warm regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website:
http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

This assumes that you know how to move tracks in Audacity:

Position the music track above the voice track

Position the voice track where you want it to begin in relation to the music track

The music track should be selected and the voice track unselected

Press j then shift-k on the music track

Enter the Effects menu with alt-c then press Enter on Autoduck

--
Rich De Steno

Claire Potter <claire.potter99@...>

Hi, the problem I have is that Audacity only gives me one track at a time,
so when I go to open both tracks I am only presented with one track at a
time, so I can't actually move the tracks at all.
Warm regards, Claire Potter, Check out my brand new website:
http://www.pottersplace.me.uk/

Claire,

            You need to explain more clearly what you mean by "only gives me one track at a time."  You should be able to open as many tracks as you wish from the Tracks menu or File Menu for pre-recorded material and then work on each of them relative to the others, as in being able to slide the voice part to wherever in the section of music you want it to start, and to apply filters to each.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It is easy with Goldwave as there is a voice over option on the menus. I'm also told that Reaper is good as its a non destructive editor, but I have the demo of that here and seem to be unable to even get it to stay set to my sound device between sessions. I think that particular program is like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-