Topics

Burning cd-disks using NVDA

Arnþór Helgason

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Are you using File Explorer or another dedicated utility such as CD Burner XP (which is current through Windows 10), Anyburn, etc?

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Rosemarie Chavarria

I use a program called anyburn and it's fairly easy to work with. Anyburn is free and you can get it from www.anyburn.com.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Damien Garwood

Hi,
There is another one which I use called CDBurnerXP (www.cdburnerxp.se).
Cheers,
Damien.

I use a program called anyburn and it's fairly easy to work with. Anyburn is free and you can get it from www.anyburn.com.
Hope this helps.
Rosemarie
I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?
Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Well you will need to use the installer without opencandy forgot where you get that but yeah its good.

On 9/3/2018 4:00 AM, Damien Garwood wrote:
Hi,
There is another one which I use called CDBurnerXP (www.cdburnerxp.se).
Cheers,
Damien.

I use a program called anyburn and it's fairly easy to work with. Anyburn is free and you can get it from www.anyburn.com.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Arnþór Helgason

Thank you very much for your information.

Rosemarie Chavarria told me about www.anyburn.com whicn solved my problems completely.

Arnthor

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I use cdburner xp, which works on windows 10 despite the name and is a whole lot easier to use than most other software I've found. It also allows removal of inter track gaps while preserving the markers.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Actually more recent versions of the opencandy are not too bad at all, and even if you do not use unchecky, you will find that any other thing it installs will be easy to remove. Its not as annoying as the CCleaner mash up.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Damien Garwood

Hi,
Wow. CDBXP? OpenCandy? Never thought the two would ever be said together in the same sentence. Real shame. Just goes to reinforce why I always prefer portables over installers these days, if even once-reputable devs can start shipping garbage like that. Then again, look at the downhill plummet that CDex has taken...
Cheers,
Damien.

On 03/09/2018 10:18 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Actually more recent versions of the opencandy are not too bad at all, and even if you do not use unchecky, you will find that any other thing it installs will be easy to remove. Its not as annoying as the CCleaner mash up.
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss>

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I still use Cdex on Windows 10 and like it. Lots of nice options, and easy, one-key ripping.

You do have to be careful with that installer though.

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the
burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

Gene

The don't install option for unwanted programs isn't accessible.  If you use the portable version, unwanted programs won't be installed.

I still use Cdex on Windows 10 and like it. Lots of nice options, and easy, one-key ripping.

You do have to be careful with that installer though.

Wow. CDBXP? OpenCandy? Never thought the two would ever be said together in the same sentence. Real shame. Just goes to reinforce why I always prefer portables over installers these days, if even once-reputable devs can start shipping garbage like that. Then again, look at the downhill plummet that CDex has taken...
Cheers,
Damien.

On 03/09/2018 10:18 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
> Actually more recent versions of the opencandy are not too bad at all,
> and even if you do not use unchecky, you will find that any other
> thing it installs will be easy to remove. Its not as annoying as the
> CCleaner mash up.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal E-mail to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss"
> <sm.everiss@...>

True but something like tuneup tends to mangle windows.

Its why I have tried to avoid so called bundled software.

On 9/3/2018 9:18 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Actually more recent versions of the opencandy are not too bad at all, and even if you do not use unchecky, you will find that any other thing it installs will be easy to remove. Its not as annoying as the CCleaner  mash up.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss>

I have had constant problams with burning cd-disks since Windows 2010.
I seem to be able to copy files to the entitle place but the burning doesn't start.
Any advices?

Best regards,
Arnthor Helgason
arnthor.helgason@...

.

Cdbxp has a slim installer, without opencandy, so I can install and use it.

Its not updated much but yeah, it works.

Thats why cdex and dvdvideosoft are on my bad books.

On 9/3/2018 9:32 PM, Damien Garwood wrote:
[...]

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Do you have a link handy for the slim installer?

Thanks,

George