Topics

NVDA, latest alpha works much better in Win10 mail app!

David Moore

Hi all!

I can’t believe what the newest Window Apps Essential’s did for the Win10 Mail app.

I have been hearing the same line repeat as I arrow down through my messages that I am about to send. I am using latest alpha version. I still have a little trouble navigating letter by letter; it says the same letter a few times, but it is so much better!

I could not make corrections at all, because I could not navigate character by character or word by word.

It is all fixed now, and I am so glad!

Do any of you notice a change in how the Win10 Mail app works?

Take care, guys!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lino Morales

David. You posted about this when was it last week? I don’t understand what your problem was. The only problem I’v had with Mail is when I reply to a message NVDA doesn’t read out what I’m typing. When I read messages I just simply use say all with NVDA plus down arrow.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I can’t believe what the newest Window Apps Essential’s did for the Win10 Mail app.

I have been hearing the same line repeat as I arrow down through my messages that I am about to send. I am using latest alpha version. I still have a little trouble navigating letter by letter; it says the same letter a few times, but it is so much better!

I could not make corrections at all, because I could not navigate character by character or word by word.

It is all fixed now, and I am so glad!

Do any of you notice a change in how the Win10 Mail app works?

Take care, guys!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi David

It might be a good idea to do a reset on nvda back to factory defaults. Then make sure you close it then open it again so you get the messages when you install it for the first time.

I am still getting no repeats of the letters or lines etc in mail app and I can read back letter by letter word by word etc when replying to a email. I also wonder if when I think it is leno said he can not do letter by letter it is his version of windows? I know in earlier versions of windows when you replied that problem was there but not now. I am on window 10 ver 1803.

Gene nz

[...]

Chris

Hmm, maybe, seems better, whether that’s down to the app essentials addon or the latest mail app update, I really couldn’t say for sure where the improvement lies