NVDA and FireFox Issues Partially Resolved

David Russell

Hello NVDA Group,

With the aid of my wife, we did a system restore, and I set the
updates in FireFox advance settings to off and be asked when they want
to be installed.
The first occurrence of this update, or whatever it is, occurred mid
morning, September 5, and all I heard was a beep tone and info that
FireFox was updating. Of course, unbeknownst to me, my settings were
then different. I was at dictionary.com trying to sign up for their
daily email.

I have three versions of NVDA on my Windows 7 computer. When I
activate the check for updates function as someone advised here
recently, it does not work.
I either have Firefox 60 or 62, not sure. This update is said to be
critical and I said, Ask later. It throws too much off in terms of
basic keyboard functions if accepted. Backspacing goes silent,
auto-signature cannot be read, etc. I don't need the hassle. Thanks.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

You didn’t have to go through all that David. All you had to do was press alt plus T for tools then O for options. The first tab your on is the general tab. You’ll find the option that you needed their.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10