Talking about Tor: Is there any tutorial to use the programme?

Mallard <mallard@...>

Hello list,

I've been wanting to use Tor for a whle, more out of curiosity than of real need, but have never found anyone to give me clues.

Is there any tutorial available, possibly in text, but also in audio for lack of text?

Ciao,
Ollie

Hareth <hareth4m@...>

It doesn't really needs a tutorial to use,
If you don't want to advance customize it, its nothing more than a
modified firefox browser made only to redirect your internet browsing
traffic through multi PC's in different countries to keep it away from
the censorship eyes.
In simpler term a heavy privacy internet browser.
Take care

On 9/7/18, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:
Hello list,

I've been wanting to use Tor for a whle, more out of curiosity than of
real need, but have never found anyone to give me clues.

Is there any tutorial available, possibly in text, but also in audio for
lack of text?

Ciao,
Ollie

Gene

I've hardly used it.  But if you go to the Tor web site, I would expect an explanation is given about why someone would want to use it.  As I recall, there is.  Tor is the Firefox browser, modified to perform the services that are explained.  Since the new version is evidently inaccessible, using the portable version, though I believe it's very old and security may be of concern, may help.  Or, I have what I believe is the last version before it was made inaccessible.  I may consider placing it in my Drop Box account.  I have also found sites that offer one or more old versions but I don't know how reliable or safe these sites are.  others may wish to comment.

You don't need a tutorial if you know how to use Firefox and even if you don't, there is very little to learn if all you want to do is browse, just as is the case with firefox.

I've been wanting to use Tor for a whle, more out of curiosity than of
real need, but have never found anyone to give me clues.

Is there any tutorial available, possibly in text, but also in audio for
lack of text?

Ciao,
Ollie

can you put it in your dropbox folder?

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

I will if comments don't indicate that the sites where earlier versions are available are safe.

[...]

Thanks Gene,

I think I even had an old version somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. It must have been lost with one of my hard drives before we set up a home server.

If ou could share the version you have, I'd be very grateful.

I know how to use Firefox, or at least I think so... I've used it for so many years... lol!
Ciao, thanks in advance.
Ollie

Il 07/09/2018 12:36, Gene ha scritto:
[...]

Thanks. Yes, I don't intend to surf the dark web... lol! Not interested in such stuff...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 07/09/2018 12:19, Hareth ha scritto:
It doesn't really needs a tutorial to use,
If you don't want to advance customize it, its nothing more than a
modified firefox browser made only to redirect your internet browsing
traffic through multi PC's in different countries to keep it away from
the censorship eyes.
In simpler term a heavy privacy internet browser.
Take care

On 9/7/18, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:
Hello list,

I've been wanting to use Tor for a whle, more out of curiosity than of
real need, but have never found anyone to give me clues.

Is there any tutorial available, possibly in text, but also in audio for
lack of text?

Ciao,
Ollie

Lino Morales

What up Duck. From what I’ve been told Tore works like Firefox or Waterfox. I’ve thought about using it myself a while. Have fun and happy downloading.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I've been wanting to use Tor for a whle, more out of curiosity than of
real need, but have never found anyone to give me clues.

Is there any tutorial available, possibly in text, but also in audio for
lack of text?

Ciao,
Ollie

Mallard <mallard@...>

Ciao Lino,

I tried a few years ago, but it slowed my machine down so much, that I gave up. I thought it was me doing something wrong, but then I had a much slower computer, with only a couple gb of ram...

Quack-Quadk,

Ollie The Duck

Il 07/09/2018 19:57, Lino Morales ha scritto:

What up Duck. From what I’ve been told Tore works like Firefox or Waterfox. I’ve thought about using it myself a while. Have fun and happy downloading.

I've been wanting to use Tor for a whle, more out of curiosity than of
real need, but have never found anyone to give me clues.

Is there any tutorial available, possibly in text, but also in audio for
lack of text?

Ciao,
Ollie

Sarah k Alawami

When I used it as a proxy, it was very slow. That is the nature of the browser, and it is just something we will have to deal with. No matter how many prophecies are online, it will still be slow. I was only getting maybe about 128kbps down and up. It was beautiful.

On September 7, 2018 11:13:18 "Mallard" <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:

Ciao Lino,

I tried a few years ago, but it slowed my machine down so much, that I
gave up. I thought it was me doing something wrong, but then I had a
much slower computer, with only a couple gb of ram...

Quack-Quadk,

Ollie The Duck

Il 07/09/2018 19:57, Lino Morales ha scritto:

What up Duck. From what I’ve been told Tore works like Firefox or
Waterfox. I’ve thought about using it myself a while. Have fun and
happy downloading.

Windows 10