latest nvda that works on windows xp?

Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to get the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp and if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have no plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Michel Such

Hi,

NVDA 2017.3

Le 08/09/2018 à 07:59, The Wolf a écrit :
Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to get the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp and if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have no plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank

--

Michel Such

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

can you just take out the drive and grab the stuff of of it?

Le 08/09/2018 à 07:59, The Wolf a écrit :
Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to get the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp and if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have no plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank

--

Michel Such

I don't have a slot to put the drive in my other desktop other wise I would

I also don't have full use of one of my hands and do not feel confortable with remove computer parts

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michel Such" <michel.such@free.fr>
Le 08/09/2018 à 07:59, The Wolf a écrit :
Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to get the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp and if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have no plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

hi.
the last version which supports xp is 2017.3
but i love 2017.1 and keep and use it forever.
hear you are the link for 2017.3

https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2017.3/nvda_2017.3.exe

On 9/8/18, The Wolf <hank.smith966@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

You should find, as long as The version of xp is fully up to date that the mentioned version of nvda will in fact work very well. A lot of the add ons will still work. Quite a lot of care was taken for that release as I recall to make as bug free as possible as it was the last one.

Perhaps somebody could unforget the link.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Le 08/09/2018 à 07:59, The Wolf a écrit :
Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to get the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp and if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have no plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Antony Stone

There's a general formula you can use to work out the download link for any
version of NVDA from 2013.1 onwards.

To download release number N (where N is between 1 and 4) from year YYYY
(where YYYY is 2016, 2017, 2018 etc), the download link is:

https://www.nvaccess.org/download/nvda/releases/YYYY.N/nvda_YYYY.N.exe

Simply substitute the year and release number you want into the above URL and
you can download whichever version you want.

I don't know about getting a version earlier than 2013.1, but I seriously
doubt anyone really needs those.

Antony.

On Saturday 08 September 2018 at 10:42:16, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

[...]

I thought of going into banking, until I lost interest.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

Before you go through the time and trouble of putting Windows 7 on the machine, while XP is on it, find out the specifications of the machine such as the chip speed and amount of RAM.  If you don't know the minimum requirements for Windows 7, let us know what you find out.  The machine may be able to run Windows 7 well or reasonably well, but it well may not be able to.

As far as the latest version to run with XP, it doesn't matter at all for what you are trying to do.  Here is a link to the download page of the latest version that runs in XP.  You can run any version of NVDA as a portable version without even having the program create a portable version.  When the installer runs and you have speech, you will be given choices such as, install, create portable version, or keep running.  Select the keep running option.

[...]

Oh, that's a much nicer link format than the version I knew about.

Thanks,

Antony.

On Saturday 08 September 2018 at 11:30:24, Gene wrote:

I forgot to give the link:
https://www.nvaccess.org/download/?nvdaVersion=2017.3

Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to get
the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp and
if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have no
plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank
--
"Good health" is merely the slowest rate at which you can die.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Mohamed

Interestingly, older downloads are redirecting to SourceForge now, I don't recall them ever doing that previously.

On 9/8/2018 5:06 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
[...]

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Hello The Wolf,

You mentioned making a linux box. I'd like to do that with one of my old ones. Can you point me to stuff to read so I can learn how to do it? Thanks.

Howard

Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to get the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp and if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have no plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Ervin, Glenn

Actually, if you put Linux on a thumb drive, or on a DVD, you can boot to a live version of Ubuntu Mate and copy out the files before wiping the drive.
Glenn

Le 08/09/2018 à 07:59, The Wolf a écrit :
Helolo a neighbor gave me her old windows xp machine and I need to
get the music and other stuff off her machine that she wants

can any one tell me what is the latest version of nvda works with xp
and if some one could direct me to a portable version of it?

I plan on at least trying to put windows7 on to this machine I have
no plans on keeping windows xp on the machine

if windows7 will not run I will turn it in to a linux box or something

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

didn't think about that one will give it a try

btw did check out the spects

currently it has 512 megs of ram I am seriously tempted to upgrade the computer the ram that is.

On 9/10/2018 7:47 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
[...]

You certainly don't want to be running Windows 7 on that.

Antony.

On Monday 10 September 2018 at 19:37:22, The Wolf wrote:

[...]

The words "e pluribus unum" on the Great Seal of the United States are from a
poem by Virgil entitled "Moretum", which is about cheese and garlic salad
dressing.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.