Topics

keyboard layouts

Akshaya Choudhary

which keyboard layout is easier to use, dekstop or laptop?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

i believe desktop is easier, i never used laptop, but if someone's
laptop has not numpad keys, he she should select to use laptop
keyboard.
i use desktop keyboard in my acer laptop.

On 9/8/18, Sociohack AC <acsociopath@gmail.com> wrote:
which keyboard layout is easier to use, dekstop or laptop?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Antony Stone

I would suggest that if you have a numeric keypad, the desktop layout is
simpler and provides access to slightly more features.

However, in the same way that "the best camera in the world is the one you
have with you" and "the best programming language is the one you know how to
use", I would say that the NVDA keyboard layout which is easiest to use is the
one you know best and can work with most efficiently.

This is one of those subjective questions where different people will have
different opinions, which may not apply to you in the same way.

Regards,

Antony.

On Saturday 08 September 2018 at 13:16:12, Sociohack AC wrote:

which keyboard layout is easier to use, dekstop or laptop?
--
Regards,
Sociohack
--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

- Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

I really dislike the laptop layout.  If you look at the commands, using the quick keys reference in help, you can see what you think.  My opinion, after looking a bit but not that much because I really didn't like what I saw, is that the desktop layout is much more consistent and logical at least in review commands and probably in many other places.  Even if it is more consistent and logical in some or many places, I won't learn an inconsistent screen review layout and probably some or many other things when all I have to do is buy a cheap USB numpad and be able to use the desktop layout on any laptop.

Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2018 6:16 AM
Subject: [nvda] keyboard layouts

which keyboard layout is easier to use, dekstop or laptop?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Desktop assuming you have a numeric keypad. the only reason for laptop is if you need to use the keypad for something else or simply do not have one. After all you are squeezing extra functions into a smaller number of keys meaning you need to have some concert pianist skills from time to time!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-