Question about Dictation Bridge

Terrie Terlau <terrieter@...>

Hello everyone,

My Name is Terrie Terlau from Kentucky in the United States. I just joined this list and am hoping someone can help me get started using Dictation Bridge. I have installed the plugin.  In the NVDA Tools menu, I see Install Dragon Commands. Does this mean that I need Dragon? If so, could someone tell me what version of Dragon works best with Dictation Bridge. I am running Windows 7 and the latest version of NVDA. Dragon should I get

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Terrie Terlau

terrieter@...

Pranav Lal

Hi Terrie,

We tested dictationBridge with dragon individual professional. It works well
with that version of Dragon which is Dragon 15. You can try a lower version
such as Dragon 14.

You could also give windows speech-recognition a try but I do not know how
well it works on Windows 7.
Note:
I am not sure about Dragon 15 either. If however you can get either WSR or
Dragon to work then dictationBridge will work. It does not have operating
system limitations.

Pranav

Terrie Terlau <terrieter@...>

Hi Pranav,
Thank you for this information. I am working with someone who is blind and
can't use a keyboard, and I have a few more questions. Do you know if there
is documentation showing how much control of the PC you get with TextBridge
and Dragon 15? Can Dragon open applications such as email and Word? Can you
move through a list of emails or files in a folder with Dragon commands?
If this info is in a document, where might I find it?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Warm regards,
Terrie Terlau
terrieter@gmail.com

We tested dictationBridge with dragon individual professional. It works well
with that version of Dragon which is Dragon 15. You can try a lower version
such as Dragon 14.

You could also give windows speech-recognition a try but I do not know how
well it works on Windows 7.
Note:
I am not sure about Dragon 15 either. If however you can get either WSR or
Dragon to work then dictationBridge will work. It does not have operating
system limitations.

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Hi Terrie,
My answers are inline.
Thank you for this information. I am working with someone who is blind and
can't use a keyboard, and I have a few more questions. Do you know if there
is documentation showing how much control of the PC you get with TextBridge
and Dragon 15?
PL] dictationBridge will give you full hands free control of the screen
reader. Dragon does give you full hands free control of the pc.

Can Dragon open applications such as email and Word?
PL] Yes. This is a dragon function. You say "start microsoft word" for
instance to start word. To launch e-mail, you say "start outlook" or "start
e-mail" I think.

Can you move through a list of emails or files in a folder with Dragon
commands?
PL] Yes. Right now, if using dictationBridge, you say "press down arrow" or
"press right arrow" or "press up arrow" to move through a list depending on
what keys you press on the keyboard to navigate through the list.
If this info is in a document, where might I find it?
PL] You find most of this info in Dragon's help. You can find
dictationBridge commands by looking at the dictationBridge documentation.
The best thing to do with commands is to look at the Dragon command browser.

Pranav

Terrie Terlau <terrieter@...>

Hello Pranav,
Thank you so very much! This is wonderful news. This gives me what I need to
know to start learning and then teaching. Sending warm good wishes to you,
Terrie Terlau