Espeak in a sapi5 guise?

Brian's Mail list account

Is this still available? I rather want it to be available in other software including Jaws and some self voicing and mp3 creation software so we can use the same voice somebody likes.
And no rude comments about anyone liking Espeak please, each to their own.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Antony Stone

According to https://sourceforge.net/projects/espeak/files/espeak/espeak-1.48/
the file setup_espeak-1.48.04.exe contains a SAPI5 version.

Direct download link is
https://sourceforge.net/projects/espeak/files/espeak/espeak-1.48/setup_espeak-1.48.04.exe/download

Note: I've not tried this out myself.

Antony.

On Sunday 09 September 2018 at 11:08:31, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

Is this still available? I rather want it to be available in other software
including Jaws and some self voicing and mp3 creation software so we can
use the same voice somebody likes.
And no rude comments about anyone liking Espeak please, each to their own.
"Measuring average network latency is about as useful as measuring the mean
temperature of patients in a hospital."

- Stéphane Bortzmeyer

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

David Mellor

I'm still using it as a SAPI5 voice. I don't know if this gets updated with
each NVDA update so it might be quite an old one.
It's not completely stable. It sometimes breaks and Windows 7 automatically
changes the default SAPI voice to Microsoft Mary which is pretty aweful.
It takes just a few seconds to set it back to the desired eSpeak voice once
you've got the technique sorted.
David

Is this still available? I rather want it to be available in other software
including Jaws and some self voicing and mp3 creation software so we can use

the same voice somebody likes.
And no rude comments about anyone liking Espeak please, each to their own.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Chris G <chris@...>

Try this link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/espeak/files/espeak/espeak-1.48/setup_espeak-1.48.04.exe/download

Chris

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
WHERE THE MAGIC IS IN LEARNING!
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 20:35:08 +0100
"David Mellor" <david2@...> wrote:

[...]

I do sometimes wish people would read the replies which have already been
posted to a thread before adding their own, just to save irrelevant bandwidth,
and wasted time for those reading the thread afterwards.

Antony.

Try this link:

--
Angela Merkel arrives at Paris airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Roger Stewart

I installed this thing, but it doesn't appear to show up in the list of synths in nvda.  I only see eSpeak NG and speech player in eSpeak.  I see nothing of eSpeak SAPI 5.  Am I missing something?  Also, I wonder if this will work with Narrator?

Thanks.

Roger

On 9/9/2018 4:17 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
According to https://sourceforge.net/projects/espeak/files/espeak/espeak-1.48/
the file setup_espeak-1.48.04.exe contains a SAPI5 version.

Direct download link is
https://sourceforge.net/projects/espeak/files/espeak/espeak-1.48/setup_espeak-1.48.04.exe/download

Note: I've not tried this out myself.

Antony.

On Sunday 09 September 2018 at 11:08:31, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

Is this still available? I rather want it to be available in other software
including Jaws and some self voicing and mp3 creation software so we can
use the same voice somebody likes.
And no rude comments about anyone liking Espeak please, each to their own.
Brian

Brian's Mail list account

When I go there it says your download will start shortly but nothing else seems to occur. I've had this problem before on Github.
[...]

It has downloaded though it seems small.
I'll try it later on. For those who are looking for it in nvda it would normally show up in the sapi5 synth, not nvda.
[...]

No I have seen this response before. Firstly the first reply link failed to work and the second one did and those who, like me have a strange isp, can very often get messages out of order, so the earlier ones come in later on quite often here. Its a pain, but really we are talking a few bytes of text here, it not like twelve versions of a binary file after all!

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Is this still available? I rather want it to be available in other
software including Jaws and some self voicing and mp3 creation software
so we can use

the same voice somebody likes.

And no rude comments about anyone liking Espeak please, each to their
own. Brian
--
Angela Merkel arrives at Paris airport.
"Nationality?" asks the immigration officer.
"German," she replies.
"Occupation?"
"No, just here for a summit conference."

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Roger Stewart

I got the same thing but you just tab around a bit until you find a link saying direct download and that worked just fine here.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Antony Stone" <antony.stone@...>
the file setup_espeak-1.48.04.exe contains a SAPI5 version.

Direct download link is
https://sourceforge.net/projects/espeak/files/espeak/espeak-1.48/setup_espeak-1.48.04.exe/download

Note: I've not tried this out myself.

Antony.

On Sunday 09 September 2018 at 11:08:31, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

Is this still available? I rather want it to be available in other software
including Jaws and some self voicing and mp3 creation software so we can
use the same voice somebody likes.
 And no rude comments about anyone liking Espeak please, each to their own.
 Brian

Ervin, Glenn

I usually have to go down to a link that reads:
If your download does not start, click here

Or something like that.
Glenn