Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

how did you disable the audio?

In most cases people just turn off the speakers or just turn the volume
right down.

Or the person would go into the sound settings and mute it.

If that was the caseĀ  I would use the windows key + letter R to bring up
the run dialogue type sndvol then press the enter key.

It would then land on the slider and you could use the up arrow key to
increase the sound if you tabbed once more it would land you on a check
box now a button and if muted press it with the space bar to unmute it.

I guess things are here to test us at times.

Gene nz

On 10/09/2018 10:03 PM, Nancy Shackelford wrote:
Thanks so much, Gene. I'll read more about this, but I am definitely
going to need sighted help with this, since my laptop got the audio
disabled; I know how to fix that, but I need help to do it.

Thanks again,

Nance

On 9/9/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi

If you do it on a CD nvda must be in a directory called nvda and there
is a autorun.inf file that must be installed in the root directory of
the CD.

Also in later versions of windows now you have to go into the control
panel then autoplay part of it make sure the check box is checked to see
all devices and the following turned on right down near the bottom
called Software and games Install or run program from your media

If you look under the nvda audio tutorials page there are different ways
of starting nvda also putting it onto a CD and USB stick.

You will need to jump down by headings to you hear it either for a cd or
usb stick.

Gene nz

Nancy Shackelford

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Thing is as I said at the start, if this is a simple as a turned off or muted sound it could be that if your keyboard has 'extra' keys, one of those is a mute unmute toggle.It most certainly is on this logitech wireless keyboard which had be going for a while when the keyboard fell on the floor and turned the sound off!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

If you do it on a CD nvda must be in a directory called nvda and there
is a autorun.inf file that must be installed in the root directory of
the CD.

Also in later versions of windows now you have to go into the control
panel then autoplay part of it make sure the check box is checked to see
all devices and the following turned on right down near the bottom
called Software and games Install or run program from your media

If you look under the nvda audio tutorials page there are different ways
of starting nvda also putting it onto a CD and USB stick.

You will need to jump down by headings to you hear it either for a cd or
usb stick.

Gene nz

On 10/09/2018 1:33 AM, Nancy Shackelford wrote:
I put this on a CD, but it won't work in my laptop, for which I need
voice to fix; audio got disabled; I hoped to use NVDA with my
TripleTalk device, but portable is not doing anything. Are there
special things to know about making a portable copy? Does it need to
be on a DVD instead of a CD? Any and all help appreciated.

Nance

Brian's Mail list account

Basically if you create a portable copy on the hard drive then copy the folder onto the cd, it will work but the same provisos are still true, ie no altering of settings that need to be saved or adding drivers which would need to be installed on the host computer first.