NVDA 2018.3rc1 now available

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NV Access has just released NVDA 2018.3rc1. This is a Release Candidate, meaning that unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2018.3 release.

Highlights of this release include automatic detection of many Braille displays, support for new Windows 10 features including the Windows 10 Imoji input panel, and many other bug fixes. Read the full release announcement and download the release candidate from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-3rc1-released/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

OK am using it portably on windows 7 at the moment.

nothing has gone bang..
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

NV Access has just released NVDA 2018.3rc1. This is a Release Candidate,
meaning that unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to
the final 2018.3 release.

Highlights of this release include automatic detection of many Braille
displays, support for new Windows 10 features including the Windows 10
Imoji input panel, and many other bug fixes. Read the full release
announcement and download the release candidate from:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-3rc1-released/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

That's a great start, thanks Brian!

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 6:23 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
OK am using it portably on windows 7 at the moment.

nothing has gone bang..
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
[...]

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Quentin.

Done the update to my machine and so far none of as of the moment knocking trouble from my end.

Robert Mendoza

[...]

Felix G.

Hi!
Using it right now with no ill effects. Win 7 64 bit, NVDA installed
(not portable).
Braille display autodetection worked successfully for a Handy Tech
device. Is it expected that if I unplug and plug back in the Braille
device it should also autodetect? Because that didn't work. In other
words, autodetection sees the device on startup of NVDA but not when
it later appears on the system. Will test later on Win 10.
Best,
Felix

----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
[...]

Gary Metzler

Hi Quentin,

I installed nvda 2018.3 rc1.  So far it is working like a charm.  Cutos to the development team.

NV Access has just released NVDA 2018.3rc1. This is a Release Candidate, meaning that unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2018.3 release.

Highlights of this release include automatic detection of many Braille displays, support for new Windows 10 features including the Windows 10 Imoji input panel, and many other bug fixes. Read the full release announcement and download the release candidate from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-3rc1-released/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Rosemarie Chavarria

I just downloaded and installed it and it's working great for me so-far.

NV Access has just released NVDA 2018.3rc1. This is a Release Candidate, meaning that unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2018.3 release.

Highlights of this release include automatic detection of many Braille displays, support for new Windows 10 features including the Windows 10 Imoji input panel, and many other bug fixes. Read the full release announcement and download the release candidate from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-3rc1-released/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Steve Nomer

I've installed it as a portable copy, and it's working very well!

Thanks

Steve

I just downloaded and installed it and it's working great for me so-far.

NV Access has just released NVDA 2018.3rc1. This is a Release Candidate, meaning that unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2018.3 release.

Highlights of this release include automatic detection of many Braille displays, support for new Windows 10 features including the Windows 10 Imoji input panel, and many other bug fixes. Read the full release announcement and download the release candidate from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2018-3rc1-released/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Hi Felix,

I'll double check for you.  Off the top of my head, I expect it likely checks on startup, and probably if you change NVDA's Braille settings.  Otherwise it would be constantly monitoring for something which in practice, likely wouldn't happen that often.

Also thanks everyone for the reports that everything is going well so far!

Quentin.