Brian - Portable copy of NVDA not working on laptop

Nancy Shackelford

I wish it were as simple as this, but I'm glad to know this about a
keyboard such as yours. Some dummy (who shall remain nameless) turned
off the Toshiba audio, thinking it could just be re-enabled the same
way, but this didn't work. I finally figured out that the Windows
audio service must've been disabled at the point of disabling the
Toshiba audio, so things should work again when I get someone to go in
and enable that and check in the start page to be sure the other audio
stuff is enabled.

Thanks to everyone,

Nance

Thing is as I said at the start, if this is a simple as a turned off or
muted sound it could be that if your keyboard has 'extra' keys, one of those

is a mute unmute toggle.It most certainly is on this logitech wireless
keyboard which had be going for a while when the keyboard fell on the floor

and turned the sound off!

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What a plonker as we would say over here. That is a silly way to do it.

It will need re enabling then a system restart, but as you say its an issue. I do not suppose you have a smart phone with be my eyes on it do you?
Obviously the well heeled person can call aira and get a paid person to look as you are looking. Its better than nothing.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

Jackie

Nancy, just curious--How did you disable the system audio?

[...]

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Normally this is turned of in task manager or maybe if troubleshooting a driver issue.
[...]

Ervin, Glenn

It would be nice for Windows 10 users if they could ask Cortana to turn on the audio.
Glenn

[...]

What I'm thinking--& that likely should in no way be trusted--is that
perhaps she has a key on her laptop to unmute her audio. I've seen
folks hit these keys from time to time, &, if you know which keys do
what, enabling the feature becomes pretty simple.

On 9/10/18, Ervin, Glenn <glenn.ervin@nebraska.gov> wrote:
[...]

I have a sighted friend who I'm sure can help me. I can give her
instructions on where to go and what to do. She's pretty good at
following instructions, so I think this will be successful. No, no
smart phone, only computer. I need to take the plunge and get some
type of cell phone.

Nance

What a plonker as we would say over here. That is a silly way to do it.

It will need re enabling then a system restart, but as you say its an issue.

I do not suppose you have a smart phone with be my eyes on it do you?
Obviously the well heeled person can call aira and get a paid person to
look as you are looking. Its better than nothing.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I've got to do likewise, there are now a bewildering number of options which all claim to be the one for the blind, including a neat one with a keypad and a touch screen. However there do seem to be a lot of lists for mobile phones so I won't take up time here talking about them all.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I have a sighted friend who I'm sure can help me. I can give her
instructions on where to go and what to do. She's pretty good at
following instructions, so I think this will be successful. No, no
smart phone, only computer. I need to take the plunge and get some
type of cell phone.

Nance

What a plonker as we would say over here. That is a silly way to do it.

It will need re enabling then a system restart, but as you say its an issue.

I do not suppose you have a smart phone with be my eyes on it do you?
Obviously the well heeled person can call aira and get a paid person to
look as you are looking. Its better than nothing.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I believe though that unmuting audio is going to appear in an add on, but sadly if some burke has disabled the task that will not work at all!