From: P. Otter
Sent: 12 September 2018 16:28
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] problems with nvda2018.3rc1

best forum members,

I have downloaded the nvda 2018.3 rc1 and put it into use.

but I am not entirely positive, there is still something here and there.

Like, I have already experienced a number of times, that I used the

emoticon add-on, often it goes well but suddenly without any apparent

reason it gets stuck.

With alt tab I can then go back to the text where I wanted to place an

emoji.

but it is not going well. Only after I have restarted nvda again can I

place an emoticon again.

are there more people who have the same problem?

with nvda 2018.2 I did not have these problems.

do I have to update the emoticon add-on?

is it available?

with a curious greeting

paul otter

P. Otter

and can you tell me, how can I create an emoticon while emoticons add-on is disabled?
i think it is very good possible that you're right!
please help.
thanks in advance!
paul otter

Op 12-9-2018 om 18:26 schreef Chris via Groups.Io:

Try disabling or removing the emoticon add-on see if that helps any, as nvda now supports emoticons itself

I have downloaded the nvda 2018.3 rc1 and put it into use.

but I am not entirely positive, there is still something here and there.

Like, I have already experienced a number of times, that I used the

emoticon add-on, often it goes well but suddenly without any apparent

reason it gets stuck.

With alt tab I can then go back to the text where I wanted to place an

emoji.

but it is not going well. Only after I have restarted nvda again can I

place an emoticon again.

are there more people who have the same problem?

with nvda 2018.2 I did not have these problems.

do I have to update the emoticon add-on?

is it available?

with a curious greeting

paul otter

Chris

Like this you mean 😊

I have downloaded the nvda 2018.3 rc1 and put it into use.

but I am not entirely positive, there is still something here and there.

Like, I have already experienced a number of times, that I used the

emoticon add-on, often it goes well but suddenly without any apparent

reason it gets stuck.

With alt tab I can then go back to the text where I wanted to place an

emoji.

but it is not going well. Only after I have restarted nvda again can I

place an emoticon again.

are there more people who have the same problem?

with nvda 2018.2 I did not have these problems.

do I have to update the emoticon add-on?

is it available?

with a curious greeting

paul otter

Quentin Christensen

Hi Paul,

Press WINDOWS+. or WINDOWS+; to open the emoji panel, then either right arrow through the items in the current section, press tab to move to the sections and arrows to choose a new section, or start typing to search for emoji, eg "cake" 🍰, "Smiling" ☺or "firetruck" 🚒 (as with many other search fields, you don't necessarily have to type the full thing - I typed "fire" to narrow the results down to a handful to get the fire truck).

Press ENTER to insert your chosen emoji, and escape to close the panel.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

P. Otter

thanks a lot!
I'll try it out!
cheers
paul otter

Op 13-9-2018 om 02:14 schreef Quentin Christensen:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

I just hear blank space in that.
However I'm not sure what I really should be hearing as I never use the damned things myself.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have downloaded the nvda 2018.3 rc1 and put it into use.
but I am not entirely positive, there is still something here and there.
Like, I have already experienced a number of times, that I used the
emoticon add-on, often it goes well but suddenly without any apparent
reason it gets stuck.
With alt tab I can then go back to the text where I wanted to place an
emoji.
but it is not going well. Only after I have restarted nvda again can I
place an emoticon again.
are there more people who have the same problem?
with nvda 2018.2 I did not have these problems.
do I have to update the emoticon add-on?
is it available?
with a curious greeting
paul otter

Brian's Mail list account

I just hope people do not start putting them onto these emails.
I can of course hear them if I use Espeak latest version but the effect seems not to work on all synths. I have no idea even with the descriptions what the idea of the actual imogees are. I can tell a smiley but that is about the sum of what I ever used, being a text only junkie! Brian

[...]

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

One tricky thing I find with Emoji is that different platforms have different icons for them so things can look quite different.  Sometimes I hear NVDA describe an emoji and my first reaction is "Really? Is THAT was that thing is meant to be?"

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
I just hope people do not start putting them onto these emails.
I can of course hear them if I use Espeak latest version but the effect seems not to work on all synths. I have no idea even with the descriptions what the  idea of the actual imogees are. I can tell a smiley but that is about the  sum of what I ever used, being a text only junkie! Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>

[...]

Don’t worry you are not missing out 😃

I have downloaded the nvda 2018.3 rc1 and put it into use.

but I am not entirely positive, there is still something here and there.

Like, I have already experienced a number of times, that I used the

emoticon add-on, often it goes well but suddenly without any apparent

reason it gets stuck.

With alt tab I can then go back to the text where I wanted to place an

emoji.

but it is not going well. Only after I have restarted nvda again can I

place an emoticon again.

are there more people who have the same problem?

with nvda 2018.2 I did not have these problems.

do I have to update the emoticon add-on?

is it available?

with a curious greeting

paul otter

P. Otter

hi, please help me one mor times.
what you say was correct but how can I enable the emoji's
nvda 2018.3 rc1 don't read any emoji but i know it is possible.
 can I put it on or off somewhere and with which key combination does that have to be done?
[...]

Because the emoticon add-on you have installed conflicts with nvda 18.3

Either go back to 18.2 or remove the add-on as its not really required anymore

Until you have removed the add-on you are going to have the issue 😃

[...]

hi, I've uninstalled the emoticon add-on.
but I still can not read emoticons anymore.
what can be wrong?
i'I've installed nvda 2018.3rc1 the emoticon add-on is completely removed and also after a reboot no emoticons will be red!
that was the reason to ask I can emoticons put on or off.
thanks in advance
paul otter