Topics

Automatic Reading of Footnotes in Word

kelby carlson

I think I've asked about this before, but does anyone know if 'Nvda can be set up to automatically read footnotes when doing a "say all" in a document in ms Word?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Kelby,

There isn't currently any setting to do this, however, I have created an issue for it on GitHub: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8739
Feel free to subscribe to that issue, or add a comment to it if I missed anything.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Akshaya Choudhary

 One to to achieve this could be converting the file into the pdf and then converting it back again to word. The footnotes will become the part of the main text and you would be able to read them with say all command.
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Giles Turnbull

thanks, Sociohack, that has helped me a lot ... I've been trying to figure out how to get any comments to be displayed in line with the original text and by saving the document as a PDF and then opening that PDF in QRead it does the trick perfectly!

I'm headed to university next week and expect most of my tutors to put comments into any docs I submit, so I needed to know this! :)

Giles

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

For comments I am fairly certain there is a way to read these by changing document speaking options.

Jonathan

Akshaya Choudhary

Glad I could Help!

For reading the comments of your tutors you don't need to convert the original word file. NVDA will announce when it will come across a comment while reading a document. Then, you can press NVDA+alt+C to read that particular comment. Additionally, you can press NVDA+F7 to bring up the elements list in word and can get the preview of all the comments in the document. You can even jump to the comment of your choice from the same.
--
Regards,
Sociohack