From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: 13 September 2018 12:51
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] itunes issue

Hi.

well just tried versions of nvda 2017, 2016 2015, 2014 and 2012, same

issues so no help there I also tried 2018.3rc1 here and no joy.

In addition my speech went away and I had to doddle in narator in nvda

preffs to get it back, but the trying a different version path doesn't

work, its probably got to do with the fact that itunes is an app just

like all the other apps.

Davy Cuppens

Chris is right I do the same thing so that when an inaccessible update of an app roles out I can go back to a previous version which others cannot do so.
But this has nothing to do with nvda I know.
Regards
Davy

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] itunes issue

Just use a older version of iTunes, if its giving so much grief

Personally I use iTunes 12.6 for business, which still supports apps and ringtonesand doesn’t update or ask you to all the time

well just tried versions of nvda 2017, 2016 2015, 2014 and 2012, same

issues so no help there I also tried 2018.3rc1 here and no joy.

In addition my speech went away and I had to doddle in narator in nvda

preffs to get it back, but the trying a different version path doesn't

work, its probably got to do with the fact that itunes is an app just

like all the other apps.

Well I am using 12.6 now thanks for that suggestion.

The issue is that apple uses the universal app system now for both the itunes things app and desktop.

I am back on itunes business, the main reason I update itunes is for the latest apple os updates, but to be honest I guess that doesn't matter, 12.65 works, had to recreate my library and the store sucks but at least I can use it now.

Itunes is a bit clunky but so is outlook, I don't mind the app now I have gotten used to it.

Once we can get the main window of the app to play with nvda nicely we will be ok.

Though to be honest I like my app deployment back again.

I do want to be able to use the latest, and to be honest apple hardware while expensive is still something I like, icloud is a bit better, storage plans are good, someone has  on twitter that ios 12 gold release is really good.

If they would get their windows ports of icloud and itunes working reasonably well well who knows.

Apple accessibility do know, and its probably a simple matter, itunes universal app is the norm, the desktop version is the desktop version but using the universal app system.

The menus and dialogs work well enough.

On 9/14/2018 12:33 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
Just use a older version of iTunes, if its giving so much grief

Personally I use iTunes 12.6 for business, which still supports apps and ringtonesand doesn’t update or ask you to all the time

well just tried versions of nvda 2017, 2016 2015, 2014 and 2012, same
issues so no help there I also tried 2018.3rc1 here and no joy.

In addition my speech went away and I had to doddle in narator in nvda
preffs to get it back, but the trying a different version path doesn't
work, its probably got to do with the fact that itunes is an app just
like all the other apps.

Josh Kennedy

what is wrong with the itunes store? I can find and buy all the shows I want, and either stream, or download them.

Chris

Is that a problem?

Not sure what your question is???