Returns at Amazon.com don't work with screenreaders

Ervin, Glenn

Hi,

I’m on a Jaws list at home, and I sent this issue to this list, because I could not check an item for returns to Amazon.com, and no matter what I did, it would not work, and that is twice I have had to call their customer service about this to return an item, and they told me that the disability department will be notified, but nothing ever happens.

I tried it with both Jaws and NVDA and three different browsers.

I am more proficient with Jaws, so I’d like to know if maybe there is something I don’t know about NVDA that could have done this for me.

Here’s part of the thread explaining the problem, there is my message and one or two replies of Jaws users that could not do the same thing…

Hi,

Jaws 2018, Windows 7 & IE.

I need to return an item, but I cannot because I cannot check the item.

I have moved to it with the X key and enter and space bar don't check it.

I tried insert + F5 and moved to it, and entering does not check it.

I try the continue button every time, in case it is checking it but not

saying

checked.

I have tried the number pad mouse click and that does not work.

Any other ideas?

have you tried tabbing away and back to the checkbox.

sometimes the status of the box will be spoken if you do this after you

press enter or space bar on it.

have you tried tabbing around on the page after the virtual cursor is turned

off.

sometimes if you start at the top of the screen and keep tabbing you will

land on the check box, edit box, combo box etc.