NVDA and amazon

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Uhh, this is not true.  When you are on the accessible pages, there is a link on the page (I don't remember where, at the bottom most likely) that says return to desktop version of the site. Just click on that link, and you're back to the non accessible version of the site.  Why they remove functions from the accessible version of the site is something I'll never understand about companies who make mobile/accessible versions of their sites, but in most cases, they provide a method to get back to the desktop/main version of the site if needed.  I ran into this when I used the accessible version of the amazon site, then couldn't purchase/borrow kindle books on the pc.  I was extremely irritated until I found that link.

On 9/13/2018 10:30 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
The trouble with using their access page is that you will get a cookie that is a pain to remove.
If you are happy with the access pages for your only Amazon page option, then going to the access page is okay, but I dislike the lack of detail on the access pages, and once you go there, you will never get back to a regular amazon page again, no matter how hard you try.
You will have to use a different browser or remove the access page cookie they put into your browser.
I wasted many hours figuring this out because no matter what I did, I could not ever get a normal Amazon page after going to the access site.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abbie Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [nvda] NVDA and amazon

I've also noticed this  issue lately. You might try www dot amazon dot com slash access. I've  written this out because my BrailleNote Touch doesn't always translate web addresses correctly. Anyway, I haven't tried buying a Kindle book using this  site, but I was able to order an Echo Dot today without any trouble so it's worth a looksee. Hope this helps.

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com abbietaylor945@gmail.com Order my new memoir at http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com/memoir.htm

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com

Ervin, Glenn

About a year or two ago I complained, perhaps that link wasn't there at that time, because they could of told me about that when I spent hours on the phone with them trying to resolve the problem.
I had to figure out the cookie thing myself.
That is good to know now.

Glenn

I've also noticed this  issue lately. You might try www dot amazon dot com slash access. I've  written this out because my BrailleNote Touch doesn't always translate web addresses correctly. Anyway, I haven't tried buying a Kindle book using this  site, but I was able to order an Echo Dot today without any trouble so it's worth a looksee. Hope this helps.

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com abbietaylor945@gmail.com Order my
new memoir at http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com/memoir.htm

--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Hi Abbie,
I just got your message. I'll be sure to try that.
Thanks
Chris