Deleting comments in word

Akshaya Choudhary

When i locate a comment in word and press the application key to interact with it, no option regarding editing or deleting the comment shows up. however, if I do the same while positioning the cursor in the comment frame itself, using the review ribbon in word, the options are available. In brief, my context menu, which appears after pressing the application key, doesn't show the option for editing or deleting the comment. I have crossed checked the mark ups are visible in the document and are even identified by NVDA.
anybody facing the similar issue? Any suggestion is welcome.
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Pranav Lal

Hi,

I have experienced the same thing. I now use the ribbon to move through comments.

Pranav

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sociohack,

What you've found is a shortcoming in Word rather than NVDA.  While you would expect to be able to interact with the comment from the context menu, the option just isn't there.

The shortcut to get to the next (or current) comment to edit it, is alt+r, n.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 1:33 PM Sociohack AC <acsociopath@...> wrote:
When i locate a comment in word and press the application key to interact with it, no option regarding editing or deleting the comment shows up. however, if I do the same while positioning the cursor in the comment frame itself, using the review ribbon in word, the options are available. In brief, my context menu, which appears after pressing the application key, doesn't show the option for editing or deleting the comment. I have crossed checked the mark ups are visible in the document and are even identified by NVDA.
anybody facing the similar issue? Any suggestion is welcome.
--
Regards,
Sociohack

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Akshaya Choudhary

Thanks Quentin! I thought something was wrong with my copy of the word
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Quentin Christensen

Nothing more than usual. *grin*

You're right it is one of those annoying little inconsistencies, and I do hope they address it someday (if you notice they do before I do, please let me know as I could clarify that section of the Microsoft Word with NVDA training material considerably!)

Regards

Quentin.