From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: September 17, 2018 5:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] winamp interesting news

Hi.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

Lino Morales

I can’t wait thill Winamp makes a come back. I hope its still accessible also.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

That is indeed interesting. Still using (and happy with) v5.666 on Windows 10. I'll definitely consider upgrading to a version 6 at some point if things go well.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

It’ll be interesting to see what further functionality a new version offers.

I can’t wait thill Winamp makes a come back. I hope its still accessible also.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

That is indeed interesting. Still using (and happy with) v5.666 on Windows 10. I'll definitely consider upgrading to a version 6 at some point if things go well.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

Can you give us a link to that page?

On 9/17/2018 5:21 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

The following link should point you in the right direction at
http://www.free-codecs.com/

Just jump down by headings until you get to Winamp 5.8.

Gene nz

On 18/09/2018 9:21 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but
free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that
v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and
while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such
its worth mentioning anyway.

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

Still use Winamp and love it.

That is indeed interesting. Still using (and happy with) v5.666 on Windows 10. I'll definitely consider upgrading to a version 6 at some point if things go well.
Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.
I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yeah.

Free-codecs seems pretty trustworthy, but I think I'll wait to download this til there is more info and/or a non-beta release.

That is indeed interesting. Still using (and happy with) v5.666 on Windows 10. I'll definitely consider upgrading to a version 6 at some point if things go well.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

I can't even find the beta download link

can you send me the direct link to the file?

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  Here is the direct download address which contains the latest winamp versions.

http://www.free-codecs.com/winamp_download.htm

Cheers!

On 18/9/2018 6:47 AM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
[...]

True, I do hope the plugin database returns though as while a lot was old well there were a lot of them.

________________________________
That is indeed interesting. Still using (and happy with) v5.666 on Windows 10. I'll definitely consider upgrading to a version 6 at some point if things go well.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

That pages direct link is

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/winamp.htm

They actually put up a good historical blurb on winamp and you can get plugins from there to.

On 9/18/2018 10:30 AM, Governor staten wrote:
Can you give us a link to that page?

On 9/17/2018 5:21 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

Lino Morales

Hi Sean. I did download the Winamp beta and it works great. I’m glad that finally Radio Nomy is updating it after 4 years.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

They actually put up a good historical blurb on winamp and you can get
plugins from there to.

On 9/18/2018 10:30 AM, Governor staten wrote:
> Can you give us a link to that page?

> On 9/17/2018 5:21 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but
>> free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that
>> v6 will be out later this year.
>>
>> I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and
>> while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such
>> its worth mentioning anyway.

there is no link that I can tell for beta 8 just Winamp 5.666 FULL

that is why I was wanting the direct url to the file

.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

On 9/18/2018 11:13 AM, The Wolf wrote:
I can't even find the beta download link

can you send me the direct link to the file?

On 9/17/2018 3:58 PM, JM Casey wrote:
Yeah.

Free-codecs seems pretty trustworthy, but I think I'll wait to download this til there is more info and/or a non-beta release.

That is indeed interesting. Still using (and happy with) v5.666 on Windows 10. I'll definitely consider upgrading to a version 6 at some point if things go well.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

It’s further down the page.

I already sent you the direct link anyway though.

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I am wondering if this is a hack site.  I visit the page and I keep clicking on the Winamp 5.8 beta and another window opens up and demands that I download a tool of some sort to update all my Windows ten drivers.  I never see the actual download start or the download link that actually leads to the beginning of a download.

On 9/17/2018 7:21 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
[...]

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Ah, this one works just fine.

On 9/17/2018 7:26 PM, JM Casey wrote:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=5ef39c28e5e37e0bf64f40f5dfb368d7&s=167&r=&f=winamp.htm

That is indeed interesting. Still using (and happy with) v5.666 on Windows 10. I'll definitely consider upgrading to a version 6 at some point if things go well.

Its not officially on their website or in fact twitter, but free-codecs has published a page on winamp 5.8 beta, indicating that v6 will be out later this year.

I don't know how these guys get the information before others do and while I havn't downloaded this version since its not official as such its worth mentioning anyway.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Kwork

Hopefully they'll keep the classic skin, or give us something just as accessible. This could excite me.