serious problem with nvda 2018.3 with firefox

I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.
Any advice?

Quentin Christensen

Have you restarted the computer since you updated?  If not, please try that first.  Next, try disabling add-ons in NVDA - the easiest way is to press NVDA+q then down arrow to "restart with addons disabled" and press enter.

Hi,

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Chris

Yeah, sure, try closing and reopening the browser, if that fails try restarting nvda, and finally restart the computer if all other fails

I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA

became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.

Any advice?

Ron Canazzi

Hello Quenton and List,

This is the first time I have reported any issues with NVDA and Firefox, but I do see in 2018.3 a major and terrible issue.  Every time I run and after using the dialogue to type in a new address or using the bookmarks in Firefox latest version, Firefox crashes.  This is consistent and absolute.  I did restart Firefox, the computer and then tried NVDA with all add-ons disabled.  Nothing solved the problem.  This is certainly a show stopper.

I am using Windows 10 latest version with a 64 bit 16 GB RAM 8 core Intel system.

Have you restarted the computer since you updated?  If not, please try that first.  Next, try disabling add-ons in NVDA - the easiest way is to press NVDA+q then down arrow to "restart with addons disabled" and press enter.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:10 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Hi,
I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA
became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.
Any advice?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

An Update on the Firefox situation: NVDA works with Edge Browser.  Narrator does not cause a crash in Firefox.  Will keep testing.

Have you restarted the computer since you updated?  If not, please try that first.  Next, try disabling add-ons in NVDA - the easiest way is to press NVDA+q then down arrow to "restart with addons disabled" and press enter.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:10 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Hi,
I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA
became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.
Any advice?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

I always restart the computer after an update.

On 9/18/2018 8:38 PM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:
Yeah, sure, try closing and reopening the browser, if that fails try restarting nvda, and finally restart the computer if all other fails

I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA
became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.
Any advice?

Rui Fontes

No problem here!

Windows 10 64-bit version 1803
NVDA 2018.3 installed
Firefox 62.0 (32-bit)

Regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 10:58 de 18/09/2018, Ron Canazzi escreveu:

Hello Quenton and List,
This is the first time I have reported any issues with NVDA and Firefox, but I do see in 2018.3 a major and terrible issue.  Every time I run and after using the dialogue to type in a new address or using the bookmarks in Firefox latest version, Firefox crashes.  This is consistent and absolute.  I did restart Firefox, the computer and then tried NVDA with all add-ons disabled. Nothing solved the problem.  This is certainly a show stopper.
I am using Windows 10 latest version with a 64 bit 16 GB RAM 8 core Intel system.
Have you restarted the computer since you updated? If not, please try that first.  Next, try disabling add-ons in NVDA - the easiest way is to press NVDA+q then down arrow to "restart with addons disabled" and press enter.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:10 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@gmail.com <mailto:cwwong.pro@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,
I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA
became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.
Any advice?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

This is quite bad.I tried reinstalling NVDA 2018.3 and still have immediate crash upon trying to access any page in Firefox.   I save pages locally for future reference such as football and baseball recaps and such.  Even when trying to load those pages stored locally, Firefox crashes immediately.  I have never had any issues with Firefox quantum or any latest updates thereof until NVDA 2018.3.

Have you restarted the computer since you updated?  If not, please try that first.  Next, try disabling add-ons in NVDA - the easiest way is to press NVDA+q then down arrow to "restart with addons disabled" and press enter.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:10 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Hi,
I just tasted the latest stable version of nvda, and found that NVDA
became inaccessable with Firefox.

It only say list and cannot interact with the page content.
Any advice?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Quentin Christensen

If you open Firefox and go to the address bar (alt+d) and type:

about:crashes

On that page it should have crash IDs.  If you can copy the latest one and send it to me, I can get our contact at Mozilla to have a look.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 7:58 PM Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Are you using a 64 bit version of Firefox 62 or something else?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Twitter: @NVAccess
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think he already did all of that. I have a very old version of Firefox, now I have waterfox running though and tor, I may retry the latest version of ff myself with windows 7.