firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

Clive Pallett

Hello everyone,

I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result.  I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally.  It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that.  I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3.  Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?

I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Clive

I guess if it is the same problem one are you running windows 10 and if so which version or is it windows 7 or 8?

Are you using a 64 bit operating system?

I am guessing you are using a 32 bit version of fire fox on a 64 bit operating system? it seems to only have done this for betas and RC releases and now 2018.3 but not the alfa version.

It worked ok with nvda 2018.2.1 though.

A ticket has been made for this bug. It does not seem to affect the 64 bit version of fire fox though it works as normal.

Gene nz

On 19/09/2018 10:55 AM, Clive Pallett wrote:
Hello everyone,

I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result.  I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally.  It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that.  I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3.  Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?

I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett

ann

Hi,

I also had major issues with the newest NVDA and Firefox.

I am running a 32 bit Firefox, latest version, on the 32 bit version of windows 10. Firefox crashes each time it's launched.

But, after reverting back to the previous version of NVDA, this never occurs, not once.

~Ann

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:55:52 EDT
Hello everyone,
Best wishes,
Clive Pallett

Quentin Christensen

A couple of things to check first:
- Have you restarted the computer after updating NVDA?  If not, please try that first.
- Try restarting NVDA with addons disabled and see if the Firefox issues recur. - If so, check for latest versions of all your add-ons, and failing that, please let us know which is being problematic / which you have enabled.
- Double check that you can in fact start firefox without NVDA 2018.3 running (either with an older version of NVDA or Narrator).
- If you can get Firefox to start (perhaps with an older version of NVDA), if you go to the address bar and type:

about:crashes

If you could get me the one of the latest crash IDs (the seemingly random string of characters), I can get Mozilla to look into it.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 9:52 AM ann <tate886@...> wrote:
Hi,

I am running a 32 bit Firefox, latest version, on the 32 bit version of
windows 10. Firefox crashes each time it's launched.

But, after reverting back to the previous version of NVDA, this never
occurs, not once.

~Ann

> firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3
> From: Clive Pallett
> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:55:52 EDT
> Hello everyone,
> I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash
> reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without
> result.  I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally. 
> It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I
> have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used
> that.  I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA
> 2018.3.  Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?
> I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest
> version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.
> Best wishes,
> Clive Pallett

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Mary Otten

I think I’m going to muddy the waters. I also have the 32-bit version of Firefox, and I just upgraded to the newest NVDA. I am running the latest stable windows, which I think is 1803? And sure enough, after installing NVDA, I had Firefox already open. When I altered to it, I got a crash. However, when I started fire fox again, it worked fine and has continued to do so. It’s only been a couple of webpages. And I still need to reboot the computer after the installation of nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside from the initial single crash, it worked.
Mary

On Sep 18, 2018, at 4:51 PM, ann <tate886@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am running a 32 bit Firefox, latest version, on the 32 bit version of windows 10. Firefox crashes each time it's launched.

But, after reverting back to the previous version of NVDA, this never occurs, not once.

~Ann

Hello everyone,
I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox. The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result. I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally. It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before. I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that. I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3. Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?
Best wishes,
Clive Pallett

Quentin Christensen

Hi Mary,

No, all feedback is good, and indeed it does indicate what I suspected - there likely is some kind of issue at play, but it isn't affecting EVERYONE who uses Firefox, or even everyone using 32-bit Firefox.  Interested to hear if you do have any issues though.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:00 AM Mary Otten <maryotten@...> wrote:
I think I’m going to muddy the waters. I also have the 32-bit version of Firefox, and I just upgraded to the newest NVDA. I am running the latest stable windows, which I think is 1803? And sure enough, after installing NVDA, I had Firefox already open. When I altered to it, I got a crash. However, when I started fire fox again, it worked fine and has continued to do so. It’s only been a couple of webpages. And I still need to reboot the computer after the installation of  nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside from the initial single crash, it worked.
Mary
> On Sep 18, 2018, at 4:51 PM, ann <tate886@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I also had major issues with the newest NVDA and Firefox.
>
>
> I am running a 32 bit Firefox, latest version, on the 32 bit version of windows 10. Firefox crashes each time it's launched.
>
>
> But, after reverting back to the previous version of NVDA, this never occurs, not once.
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3
>> From: Clive Pallett
>> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:55:52 EDT
>> Hello everyone,
>> I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result.  I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally.  It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that.  I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3.  Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?
>> I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--
Quentin Christensen

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Jim Pipczak

Hi Q,

I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10  and using the latest Firefox that I upgraded last night. The 18.3 version of NVDA does indeed crash every time.

Thanks,

Jim

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] firefox crash with NVDA 2018.3

Hi Mary,

No, all feedback is good, and indeed it does indicate what I suspected - there likely is some kind of issue at play, but it isn't affecting EVERYONE who uses Firefox, or even everyone using 32-bit Firefox.  Interested to hear if you do have any issues though.

Regards

Quentin.

I think I’m going to muddy the waters. I also have the 32-bit version of Firefox, and I just upgraded to the newest NVDA. I am running the latest stable windows, which I think is 1803? And sure enough, after installing NVDA, I had Firefox already open. When I altered to it, I got a crash. However, when I started fire fox again, it worked fine and has continued to do so. It’s only been a couple of webpages. And I still need to reboot the computer after the installation of  nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside from the initial single crash, it worked.
Mary
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
> I am running a 32 bit Firefox, latest version, on the 32 bit version of windows 10. Firefox crashes each time it's launched.
>
>
> But, after reverting back to the previous version of NVDA, this never occurs, not once.
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result.  I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally.  It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that.  I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3.  Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?
>> I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Jim Pipczak
Access Technology Service Development Lead
Service Innovation
Vision Australia
346 Macaulay Rd (cnr Stubbs St) Kensington VIC 3031

M: +614 3375 7598 T: +613 8378 1243 (I: 344243)
E: Jim.Pipczak@...
www.visionaustralia.org

Vision Australia. Blindness. Low Vision.  Opportunity. - logo

Vision Australia. Winner of the Australian HR Award for Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program. - logo  

The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are recognised, acknowledged and respected.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update.  It looks like there definitely is something going on.  Just to double check that you have rebooted since last night, and have you tried restarting NVDA with addons disabled?

One suggestion that someone had was to try "refreshing" firefox: 

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

They were using a 64-bit version but it could be worth trying still.

Failing all that, if you could go to about:crashes in Firefox and get me a crash ID , and possibly an NVDA log, I can keep investigating.

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 2:33 PM Jim Pipczak <jim.pipczak@...> wrote:

Hi Q,

I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10  and using the latest Firefox that I upgraded last night. The 18.3 version of NVDA does indeed crash every time.

Thanks,

Jim

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

Vision Australia. Winner of the Australian HR Award for Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program. - logo  

The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are recognised, acknowledged and respected.

--
Quentin Christensen

Gene

Quentin and all

Have you seen people who use Firefox 32 bit in Windows 10 32 bit who report that it works properly?  I suspect this is a general problem with that combination but that since the number of people using that combination is rather small and since the update has been out for only about a day, we haven't gotten many reports, at least yet. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:00 PM

Hi Q,

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hmm, If its the number of bits then I'd suspect some kind of over run of a counter which might well be expecting 64 bit maths and hence misidentifying a number causing the effects depending on where it is located.

Strange effects indeed and also for me, I also need to try 64 bit version of firefox, anyone care to post a download link to that version as when I update the 52esr, I get 60 esr which is still 32 bit and hence fails completely to work on my windows 7 machine.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 12:51 AM

Hi,

~Ann

Hello everyone,
I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox. The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result. I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally. It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before. I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that. I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3. Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?
Best wishes,
Clive Pallett

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes this also gels with my feelings about people not knowing about the beta testing or not doing any, so never see the issue till the main update. What is needed is a post encouraging more people to try the code while its being developed, even as a portable version, so they still have their installed copy.That way a lot more feedback could be gotten and the other reason why it might have not been spotted is the generally unfriendly nature of the reporting system and the fact that there is nobody who actually feeds back in the list if a gather problem has been confirmed to keep people alerted of what the state of play is.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:28 AM

Quentin and all

Have you seen people who use Firefox 32 bit in Windows 10 32 bit who report that it works properly? I suspect this is a general problem with that combination but that since the number of people using that combination is rather small and since the update has been out for only about a day, we haven't gotten many reports, at least yet.

Gene

Hi Q,

I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 and using the latest Firefox that I upgraded last night. The 18.3 version of NVDA does indeed crash every time.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Mary,

No, all feedback is good, and indeed it does indicate what I suspected - there likely is some kind of issue at play, but it isn't affecting EVERYONE who uses Firefox, or even everyone using 32-bit Firefox. Interested to hear if you do have any issues though.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:00 AM Mary Otten <maryotten@comcast.net> wrote:

I think I’m going to muddy the waters. I also have the 32-bit version of Firefox, and I just upgraded to the newest NVDA. I am running the latest stable windows, which I think is 1803? And sure enough, after installing NVDA, I had Firefox already open. When I altered to it, I got a crash. However, when I started fire fox again, it worked fine and has continued to do so. It’s only been a couple of webpages. And I still need to reboot the computer after the installation of nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside from the initial single crash, it worked.
Mary
> On Sep 18, 2018, at 4:51 PM, ann <tate886@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox. The crash reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result. I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally. It also does when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before. I have the installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that. I noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3. Is this a problem with firefox or with NVDA?
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

E: Jim.Pipczak@visionaustralia.org
www.visionaustralia.org

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>

Dear List

I am not sure which FirFox I am using, but I updated NVDA yesterday morning and I am running Windows 10.

Ever since I updated NVDA, FireFox crashes the minute it is opened.  I couldn’t even read the “What’s new” document in FireFox.

The interesting thing is that I updated my boyfriend’s NVDA yesterday and FireFox works perfectly on his laptop, which also runs Windows 10.  His FireFox may be an older version as the desktop shortcut is still “Mozilla FireFox”.  Furthermore, he has more AddOns installed on his NVDA than I do, therefore, I would like to go out on a limb and suggest that it is a combination of NVDA 2018.3 and the newest FireFox that causes the problem, as the crashes only came after I installed the new copy of NVDA.

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

Programme Co-ordinator | Program Koördineerder

20 Adderley Street, Worcester

T 023 348 7616 F 086 415 6835

www.innovationfortheblind.org

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 03:14

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Dear List

It is definitely an issue between the new version of NVDA and the new version of FireFox. I installed an older version of NVDA, and FireFox works perfectly again.

Kind regards

Heaven Botma
T 023 348 7616 F 086 415 6835

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 09:07

Yes this also gels with my feelings about people not knowing about the beta testing or not doing any, so never see the issue till the main update. What is needed is a post encouraging more people to try the code while its being developed, even as a portable version, so they still have their installed copy.That way a lot more feedback could be gotten and the other reason why it might have not been spotted is the generally unfriendly nature of the reporting system and the fact that there is nobody who actually feeds back in the list if a gather problem has been confirmed to keep people alerted of what the state of play is.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Quentin and all

Have you seen people who use Firefox 32 bit in Windows 10 32 bit who report
that it works properly? I suspect this is a general problem with that
combination but that since the number of people using that combination is
rather small and since the update has been out for only about a day, we
haven't gotten many reports, at least yet.

Gene

Hi Q,

I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 and using the latest Firefox that I
upgraded last night. The 18.3 version of NVDA does indeed crash every time.

Thanks,

Jim

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin
Christensen

Hi Mary,

No, all feedback is good, and indeed it does indicate what I suspected -
there likely is some kind of issue at play, but it isn't affecting EVERYONE
who uses Firefox, or even everyone using 32-bit Firefox. Interested to hear
if you do have any issues though.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:00 AM Mary Otten <maryotten@comcast.net> wrote:

I think I’m going to muddy the waters. I also have the 32-bit version of
Firefox, and I just upgraded to the newest NVDA. I am running the latest
stable windows, which I think is 1803? And sure enough, after installing
NVDA, I had Firefox already open. When I altered to it, I got a crash.
However, when I started fire fox again, it worked fine and has continued to
do so. It’s only been a couple of webpages. And I still need to reboot the
computer after the installation of nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside
from the initial single crash, it worked.
Mary
> On Sep 18, 2018, at 4:51 PM, ann <tate886@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
> I am running a 32 bit Firefox, latest version, on the 32 bit version of
>
>
> But, after reverting back to the previous version of NVDA, this never
occurs, not once.
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox. The crash
reporter screen came up and I tried to start a new session without result.
I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally. It also does
when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before. I have the
installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that. I
noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3. Is this a
problem with firefox or with NVDA?
>> I will continue with NVDA 2018.1.1 until I can download the latest
version and hope the issue with firefox is sorted.
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

E: Jim.Pipczak@visionaustralia.org
www.visionaustralia.org

The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal and Torres
Strait Islander peoples are recognised, acknowledged and respected.

Quentin Christensen

Are you using 32-bit Windows or 64-bit, and 32 or 64-bit Firefox?  If you are using 64-bit Windows, then switch to the 64-bit version of Firefox.  There do seem to be issues with 32-bit Firefox though.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 6:18 PM Heaven Botma <heaven@...> wrote:
Dear List

It is definitely an issue between the new version of NVDA and the new version of FireFox.  I installed an older version of NVDA, and FireFox works perfectly again.

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io

Yes this also gels with my feelings about people not knowing about the beta testing or not doing any, so never see the issue till the main update. What is needed is a post encouraging more people to try the code while its being developed, even as a portable version, so they still have their installed copy.That way a lot more feedback could be gotten and the other reason why it might have not been spotted is the generally unfriendly nature of the reporting system and the  fact that there is nobody who actually feeds back in the list if a gather problem has been confirmed to keep people alerted of what the state of play is.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Quentin and all

that it works properly?  I suspect this is a general problem with that

Gene

Hi Q,

I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10  and using the latest Firefox that I

Thanks,

Jim

Christensen

Hi Mary,

who uses Firefox, or even everyone using 32-bit Firefox.  Interested to hear

Regards

Quentin.

computer after the installation of  nvDA. But it’s interesting that aside
  Mary
  >
  > Hi,
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
occurs, not once.
  >
  >
  > ~Ann
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >> Hello everyone,
  >> I updated NVDA to 2018.3 and tried to launch firefox.  The crash
I have reverted to NVDA 2018.1.1 and firefox loads normally.  It also does
when running NVDA 2018.2 which I was running before.  I have the
installation file of the former version on my laptop so used that.  I
noticed someone else having issues with firefox with NVDA 2018.3.  Is this a
  >> Best wishes,
  >> Clive Pallett
  >
  >
  >
  >

--

Quentin Christensen

www.nvaccess.org

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

--
Quentin Christensen

Christo de Klerk

Hi Quentin

I am using 32 bit FireFox on a 32 bit machine and NVDA 2018.3. FireFox crashes to such an extent that it became unusable and I migrated to Chrome. This started during the snapshots before the release of NVDA 2018.3. I saw others mentioning crashes, so I assumed an issue had been opened, so I did not write about it.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2018/09/19 10:33 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Are you using 32-bit Windows or 64-bit, and 32 or 64-bit Firefox?  If you are using 64-bit Windows, then switch to the 64-bit version of Firefox.  There do seem to be issues with 32-bit Firefox though.

Dear List

It is definitely an issue between the new version of NVDA and the new version of FireFox.  I installed an older version of NVDA, and FireFox works perfectly again.

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

Yes this also gels with my feelings about people not knowing about the beta testing or not doing any, so never see the issue till the main update. What is needed is a post encouraging more people to try the code while its being developed, even as a portable version, so they still have their installed copy.That way a lot more feedback could be gotten and the other reason why it might have not been spotted is the generally unfriendly nature of the reporting system and the  fact that there is nobody who actually feeds back in the list if a gather problem has been confirmed to keep people alerted of what the state of play is.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Quentin and all

Gene

Hi Q,

Thanks,

Jim

Christensen

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
  >
  > Hi,
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
occurs, not once.
  >
  >
  > ~Ann
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >> Hello everyone,
  >> Best wishes,
  >> Clive Pallett
  >
  >
  >
  >

--

Quentin Christensen

www.nvaccess.org

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

--
Quentin Christensen

Hi

I am really not sure which Windows 10 and FireFox I am using.  If I may ask a silly question: How do you find out if it is the 32 BIT or 64BIT version?

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 10:33

Dear List

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Quentin and all

Gene

Hi Q,

Thanks,

Jim

Christensen

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
  >
  > Hi,
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
occurs, not once.
  >
  >
  > ~Ann
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >> Hello everyone,
  >> Best wishes,
  >> Clive Pallett
  >
  >
  >
  >

--

Quentin Christensen

www.nvaccess.org

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

--

Quentin Christensen

Jim Pipczak

Hi Q,

I have rebooted but haven’t started with addons disabled. I will give it a shot when I get home today.

Thanks,

Jim

Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 2:42 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update.  It looks like there definitely is something going on.  Just to double check that you have rebooted since last night, and have you tried restarting NVDA with addons disabled?

Failing all that, if you could go to about:crashes in Firefox and get me a crash ID , and possibly an NVDA log, I can keep investigating.

Quentin.

Hi Q,

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

--

Quentin Christensen

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

For your windows version in the search box type winver then prss the enter key and then it will give you the windows version number.

For fire fox if it loads have a look under the help then about section of fire fox. If it loads nicely i am guessing it is the 64 bit version and it should say it in the about section.

If it crashes i am guessing it is the 32 bit version.

Gene nz

On 20/09/2018 1:12 AM, Heaven Botma wrote:

Hi

I am really not sure which Windows 10 and FireFox I am using.  If I may ask a silly question: How do you find out if it is the 32 BIT or 64BIT version?

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 10:33

Dear List

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Quentin and all

Gene

Hi Q,

Thanks,

Jim

Christensen

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
  >
  > Hi,
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
occurs, not once.
  >
  >
  > ~Ann
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >> Hello everyone,
  >> Best wishes,
  >> Clive Pallett
  >
  >
  >
  >

--

Quentin Christensen

www.nvaccess.org

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

--

Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Jim, be sure to try the new 2018.3.1 rc1 that we released last night to (hopefully) fix the firefox crashing issue: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2018.3.1rc1/nvda_2018.3.1rc1.exe

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:29 AM Jim Pipczak <jim.pipczak@...> wrote:

Hi Q,

I have rebooted but haven’t started with addons disabled. I will give it a shot when I get home today.

Thanks,

Jim

Sent: Wednesday, 19 September 2018 2:42 PM

Hi Jim,

Quentin.

Hi Q,

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--

Quentin Christensen

Jim Pipczak
Service Innovation
Vision Australia

www.visionaustralia.org

--

Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen

Mary Otten

Thanks, quinton. I think I really should update to the 64-bit version, since the reason I originally got the 32-bit version seems no longer relevant. I would like to replace my 32-bit version of the extended release that I think his version 60, with the 64-bit version. But I haven’t done that yet. I have to admit to being not all that great on windows after a several your absence doing mostly Mac and moving from XP to Windows 10. Slow learner.
Mary

On Sep 18, 2018, at 6:13 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi Mary,

Regards

Quentin.

Mary
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ~Ann
>
>
>
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> Best wishes,
>> Clive Pallett
>
>
>
>

--
Quentin Christensen