Topics

All - Update -- NVDA saying "Less Than" before everything I read and do

Nancy Shackelford

I set the < and > symbols to "None" and "Never," and no change
whatsoever. This has to be in the scripts somewhere, surely. This is
with latest update, 2018.3.1.

Nance

On 9/20/18, Nancy Shackelford <n.k.nancelady@gmail.com> wrote:
No, that isn't it; I changed the punctuation setting to "Some" and
still same. This just happened recently. Don't know if it was the new
update or what.

Thanks,

Nance

On 9/20/18, James AUSTIN <james.londonsw15@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Nance
Have you checked to see at what level the punctuation level is set?
Sounds
like it might be set to most

Takuya Nishimoto

Did you enable "Use spelling functionality if supported" option in the
speech category?
If you use a synthesizer which does not support the spelling
functionality, such an issue may occur.

--
Takuya Nishimoto
nishimotz@gmail.com

2018年9月20日(木) 21:22 Nancy Shackelford <n.k.nancelady@gmail.com>:

I set the < and > symbols to "None" and "Never," and no change
whatsoever. This has to be in the scripts somewhere, surely. This is
with latest update, 2018.3.1.

Nance

On 9/20/18, Nancy Shackelford <n.k.nancelady@gmail.com> wrote:
No, that isn't it; I changed the punctuation setting to "Some" and
still same. This just happened recently. Don't know if it was the new
update or what.

Thanks,

Nance

On 9/20/18, James AUSTIN <james.londonsw15@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Nance
Have you checked to see at what level the punctuation level is set?
Sounds
like it might be set to most

Quentin Christensen

Takuya sounds like he might have encountered this before.

Failing that, have you tried restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, just in case it's an add-on playing funny?  If it is an add-on, check to see if there are updates to any, and try enabling them one at a time to see what causes it.  If you do find the culprit, do please let us know.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:49 PM Takuya Nishimoto <nishimotz@...> wrote:
Did you enable "Use spelling functionality if supported" option in the
speech category?
If you use a synthesizer which does not support the spelling
functionality, such an issue may occur.

--
Takuya Nishimoto
nishimotz@...

2018年9月20日(木) 21:22 Nancy Shackelford <n.k.nancelady@...>:

> I set the < and > symbols to "None" and "Never," and no change
> whatsoever. This has to be in the scripts somewhere, surely. This is
> with latest update, 2018.3.1.
>
> Nance
>
> On 9/20/18, Nancy Shackelford <n.k.nancelady@...> wrote:
> > No, that isn't it; I changed the punctuation setting to "Some" and
> > still same. This just happened recently. Don't know if it was the new
> > update or what.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nance
> >
> > On 9/20/18, James AUSTIN <james.londonsw15@...> wrote:
> >> Hi Nance
> >> Have you checked to see at what level the punctuation level is set?
> >> Sounds
> >> like it might be set to most
> >
> > --
> > Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love - Michael Reid--
> >

> --
> Nancy Shackelford --Walk On Faith And Trust In Love - Michael Reid--

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes like the hacked version of Eloquence used to do. I thought most of the current ones should be fine though and after all nothing had apparently been altered, only nvda.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-