Topics

converting EPUB to word offline

Akshaya Choudhary

 can you guys suggest some application to convert epub to word offline? or epub to pdf?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

What's the purpose of converting the epub books to other formats?

If the reason is so you can read them without an epub reader, or to make them more accessible, I'd like to point out that epub books are simply html files packaged in a zip container for easy distribution/reading. All you need to do to read these books is unzip them to the directory of your choice, then open them using your web browser, and poof, instant accessible book.

Of course, this won't work with drm protected epub files, and since the epub format allows for rediculous naming standards, it may be difficult to find all the files of your book in the proper order, but nonetheless, it works just fine, and is the only way I read epub formatted books, of which I have many.

On 9/20/2018 8:50 AM, Sociohack AC wrote:
 can you guys suggest some application to convert epub to word offline? or epub to pdf?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Rob Hudson

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:
What's the purpose of converting the epub books to other formats?

That isn't really a productive answer to the poster's question, Travis old chum. Our job is not to tell listers that what they want is wrong, even if we think it is. Opening the epub and dumping the often cryptically named files into a dir does work, but is not very efficient, if you want continuous reading, for example.
The answer for converting epubs to other format is calibre e-book management software.
http://www.calibre-ebook.com/
There is a front end gui for the ebook-convert program at
http://opopanax.net/download/
And calibre has excellent documentation detailing all its command line options.

Ângelo Abrantes

Hi,

Stanza is the best that I know.

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 13:50 de 20-09-2018, Sociohack AC escreveu:
 can you guys suggest some application to convert epub to word offline? or epub to pdf?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

Ann Byrne

QRead will convert epub to .txt. You can go from there to Word.

At 07:50 AM 9/20/2018, you wrote:
can you guys suggest some application to convert epub to word offline? or epub to pdf?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Josh Kennedy

You can use codex, a front-end for calibre, found at:

http://jscholes.net/project/codex/

Akshaya Choudhary

 Alright. Thank you guys for your suggestions!

I convert epub or pdf files to word as it is easier to add comments and highlight text.. This is especially useful  while revising documents later on.
--
Regards,
Sociohack