From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 7:12 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Question to any users of Visual Studio

Hello,

I am teaching myself Python, and C Sharp, and have just downloaded and
installed the Free Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

NVDA and Jaws 2018 will read some things in Visual Studio, and was wondering
if any here use Visual Studio to do your programing?

I am either using it wrong, or not enough is getting read by either Screen
Reader. So am asking if any here use this program to do your programing.

Thanks again, for any reply,

Dave

Manish Agrawal

I have been using vs for a long time now. As of vs 2017, both nvda and jaws
do a good job with pretty much everything in vs. Just make sure you have the
latest stable version of visual studio and of jaws and nvda.

I am teaching myself Python, and C Sharp, and have just downloaded and
installed the Free Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

NVDA and Jaws 2018 will read some things in Visual Studio, and was wondering
if any here use Visual Studio to do your programing?

I am either using it wrong, or not enough is getting read by either Screen
Reader. So am asking if any here use this program to do your programing.

Thanks again, for any reply,

Dave

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  I use Visual Studio daily for my work.  My advise to you is not to download the latest update of vs2017 as it crashes with both your Jaws and NVDA screen readers after you create your project.  Go to

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/productinfo/installing-an-earlier-release-of-vs2017

and download the earlier version before the 15.8 calamity, which is 15.76.  That version works fine with both Jaws and NVDA.  Cheers!

On 20/9/2018 10:12 PM, Dave wrote:
Hello,

I am teaching myself Python, and C Sharp, and have just downloaded and installed the Free Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

NVDA and Jaws 2018 will read some things in Visual Studio, and was wondering if any here use Visual Studio to do your programing?

I am either using it wrong, or not enough is getting read by either Screen Reader. So am asking if any here use this program to do your programing.

Thanks again, for any reply,

Dave

abdul muhamin

Hi, is visual studio 2017 can be used for java programming?

Regards,

Abdulmuhamin,

Chief content officer at

Blind Help Project