Topics

Anyone use Visual Studio 2017?

Dave <dlh007@...>

Hello,

I am teaching myself Python, and C Sharp, and have just downloaded and installed the Free Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

NVDA and Jaws 2018 will read some things in Visual Studio, and was wondering if any here use Visual Studio to do your programing?

I am either using it wrong, or not enough is getting read by either Screen Reader. So am asking if any here use this program to do your programing.

Thanks again, for any reply,

Dave

Hi. I use Visual Studio Community 2017 to program in C++, and I'm also teaching myself Python. I use NVDA. I'm not that experienced with Visual Studio, but I can try to help. What problems are you having? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how are you teaching yourself Python? I've found a few resources, but I'm always looking for more and better ones.

On 9/20/2018 9:35 AM, Dave wrote:
Hello,

I am teaching myself Python, and C Sharp, and have just downloaded and installed the Free Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

NVDA and Jaws 2018 will read some things in Visual Studio, and was wondering if any here use Visual Studio to do your programing?

I am either using it wrong, or not enough is getting read by either Screen Reader. So am asking if any here use this program to do your programing.

Thanks again, for any reply,

Dave

Dave Grossoehme

Good Afternoon:  It has been sometime since I've done anything with VB.  So I'm not sure what version of the program or Jaws, but there was a toolbox to work with Visual Basic.  In which case I don't know if it it was updated to today's program.  However, it might be something you might wish to look into.

Dave