WORKING WITHIN EXCEL

bamills888@...

Hi
We have been working within excel but every now and then NVDA will stop talking and we don't know why? We are usually in the charting section. Is there an easy fix we can put in or a shortcut we can use to get nvda working again?

Thanks

B.

Quentin Christensen

Is it something you can reproduce?  IE - open a particular file, navigate to a chart, move to the second element in the chart, NVDA stops talking.  Or does it happen regularly (eg every 5 minutes) but not doing a specific thing?

Does it happen with any Excel file or a particular one?  Also which version of Excel / Windows / NVDA are you using?

It could be any number of things, but if you have a specific file that always exhibits the behaviour, and a copy of your NVDA log, if you email them both to info@... with a description of how to reproduce the issue, I can have a look and see if I can find anything.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

bamills888@...

Hi

We have been finding it stops intermittently and the only way to restart is by restarting the computer. We are using newest version of nvda and excel 2016. We are finding it is happening more so with charts

Thanks

On 21 Sep 2018, at 2:50 pm, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

[...]

Brooke Staley <bamills888@...>

I will have a look at the log and send a copy to you on Tuesday when I get back to work

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This may seem an odd suggestion, but it sometimes works. use control alt delete and then take the cancel route out of it. This seems to reconnect nvda with the object its somehow lost track of.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-