Toggling On and Off Format Documents #addonrelease

David Kingsbury

Hello,

I have just discovered the document formatting tool and think it is great for checking formatting in my documents. Is there a way to quickly and easily toggle it on and off. I understand you can go into input gestures and do it for individual things in the dialogue box, but can you toggle on and off the entire set of elements with a single shortcut key? I don't want to have to go into the dialogue box and check and uncheck a bunch of check boxes every time I want to proofread my formatting.

Thanks for any help on this,
David Kingsbury

René Linke <rene.linke@...>

To catch this dialogue quickly, press Control+NVDA+D.

René

David Kingsbury

Thanks, this is a very useful keystroke for quickly getting to the dialogue box.  But it's not a toggle for turning document formatting detecthion on and off.

René Linke <rene.linke@...>

Hi David,

Then, make a suggestion on Github for it.

René

Gene

Yes, it's for getting to the dialog.  There is no general turn on or off because you need to set individual settings for a lot of different items.

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Toggling On and Off Format Documents #addonrelease

Thanks, this is a very useful keystroke for quickly getting to the dialogue box.  But it's not a toggle for turning document formatting detecthion on and off.

David Kingsbury

OK, I guess that makes sense. I would never want to toggle off the things in the elements group (headings, links, etc.).

Quentin Christensen

Note that even if you did toggle off reporting elements like headings and links, they will still "work".  As in, you can still press H or 1, or 2 etc to move to the next heading - NVDA will just read the text and not report that it is a heading, and you can still use the elements list.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen