edge and web shortcuts

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

I am using the latest win10 and nvda.  Whenever I start my facebook shortcut and it loads I get the message invalid entry.  But, when I do this within edge it doesn’t happen.  It only happens with edge and desktop shortcuts. Has anyone else noticed this?  Can this be fixed?  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4Ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Brian's Mail list account

What is the default browser set as?

It sounds a bit like a windows issue. I've seen something similar in windows 7 if a browser is launched with different syntax for the page you wanted to go to so to speak.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I am using the latest win10 and nvda. Whenever I start my facebook shortcut
and it loads I get the message invalid entry. But, when I do this within
edge it doesn't happen. It only happens with edge and desktop shortcuts.
Has anyone else noticed this? Can this be fixed? Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4Ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Gary Metzler

Hi Brian,

My default browser is edge.

I am using the latest win10 and nvda. Whenever I start my facebook
shortcut
and it loads I get the message invalid entry. But, when I do this within
edge it doesn't happen. It only happens with edge and desktop shortcuts.
Has anyone else noticed this? Can this be fixed? Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4Ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Quentin Christensen

What does the "Target" field in your shortcut have in it?  If I have a desktop shortcut with the target set to:
etc, it loads the page in the default browser - Edge in this case.

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 6:21 AM Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...> wrote:
Hi Brian,

My default browser is edge.

--