Has anyone got a tool to scan to a Word doc?

Brian Crabtree <pandbcrabtree@...>

I scanned a letter into a JPG file and used the OCR add-on, which gave hopeless results.

I then added a section of the image to a Word doc and ran OCR from within Libre Office, with amazing results.

My Epson DX4400 all-in-one printer is old and has a hopeless scanning utility, which will output only to a JPG image, making the process laborious in the extreme.

Has anyone a good suggestion for replacing my Epson scan utility with a free alternative, which will allow output to go directly to a Word document? Or alternatively a better idea altogether, which does not involve spending lots of cash.

I am on Windows 10 but have only an old version of Word and use Libre Office for reading docs. Brian Crabtree

J.G

Hi,

have you ever tried robobraille service at robobraille.org? it is free.

Jožef

Yes I have used it in the past, very good thing but I no longer have access to any embosser and have little need to convert stuf from one format to another, as most pdf files are never tagged so converting such things to anything is almost impossible.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

When you scan a document, save it as a .tif file then open it with MSFT photo viewer then open the tool menu and click on send to word. It will ask to run the optical scanner, click yes.
That is how I do it.
Blessings
Pascal