From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: August-28-16 11:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account

Hi, everyone,

I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

On 8/28/2016 6:24 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?

I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

It sounds like a browser setting problem.  You are evidently being signed in by your e-mail program using the same information.  What settings are you using for cookies?  If you don't allow cookies, I'm not sure how Google reacts to that.  Do you also have more than one browser on your machine?  If it is a browser problem and you don't know what it might be, using another browser might work around the problem.

Gene
> Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?

Rosemarie Chavarria

I have both internet explorer 11 and the latest version of firefox.

On 8/28/2016 7:07 PM, Gene wrote:
It sounds like a browser setting problem.  You are evidently being signed in by your e-mail program using the same information.  What settings are you using for cookies?  If you don't allow cookies, I'm not sure how Google reacts to that.  Do you also have more than one browser on your machine?  If it is a browser problem and you don't know what it might be, using another browser might work around the problem.

Gene
> Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?

Gene

I thought it might be cookies but from playing around, it appears that if cookies are off, you get a message to turn them on when you try to log in.  You say you are taken to the create an account page.  I'm not sure what the cause is.

Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:08 PM

On 8/28/2016 7:07 PM, Gene wrote:
It sounds like a browser setting problem.  You are evidently being signed in by your e-mail program using the same information.  What settings are you using for cookies?  If you don't allow cookies, I'm not sure how Google reacts to that.  Do you also have more than one browser on your machine?  If it is a browser problem and you don't know what it might be, using another browser might work around the problem.

Gene
> Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?

Arlene

Oh, that is bizarre!

[...]

It's bizarre indeed. I can't even get a hold of my nephew to see if he can check it out on team viewer. I sent him a couple of text messages and he hasn't answered them.

On 8/28/2016 8:13 PM, Arlene wrote:
Oh, that is bizarre!

[...]

Hmm! Maybe he's out.

[...]

That could be. Maybe he'll get in touch with me tomorrow.

On 8/28/2016 9:41 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hmm! Maybe he's out.

[...]

I hope you get your problem solved.

[...]

Felix G.

Just to be sure: Have you tried clearing the browser cache?
Kind regards,
Felix

Arlene <nedster66@...> schrieb am Mo., 29. Aug. 2016 um 06:44 Uhr:

I hope you get your problem solved.

That could be. Maybe he'll get in touch with me tomorrow.

On 8/28/2016 9:41 PM, Arlene wrote:
> Hmm! Maybe he's out.

Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm taken to the create an account link instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>
I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I forgot how to do that.

On 8/28/2016 11:00 PM, Felix G. wrote:
Just to be sure: Have you tried clearing the browser cache?
Kind regards,
Felix

Arlene <nedster66@...> schrieb am Mo., 29. Aug. 2016 um 06:44 Uhr:
I hope you get your problem solved.

That could be. Maybe he'll get in touch with me tomorrow.

On 8/28/2016 9:41 PM, Arlene wrote:
> Hmm! Maybe he's out.

Gene

Also, did you try signing in with more than one browser?  If you have more than one browser, that should be one of the first things you try wqhen something unexpected happens.  You can try various things to solve the problem but if another browser works properly, you may save time and trouble.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44 AM

I'm taken to the create an account link instead of the edit box where
I'd type in my password.

> Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria"
> <knitqueen2007@...>

Rosemarie Chavarria

Been there, done that.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44 AM

I'm taken to the create an account link instead of the edit box where
I'd type in my password.

> Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria"
> <knitqueen2007@...>

Gene

Then suggestions such as deleting the browser cache won't help.  If more than one browser has the same behavior, both browsers won't have a corrupted browser cache.

Is this what happens?  You go to the site and the page comes up where you enter your GMail address.  Then when you activate the next button, you are taken to the create an account page.

If that is what is happening do the following just as I describe and see what happens:
In forms mode, type your e-mail address.
Tab once.  If you go out of forms mode, go back in.  Read the current line to make sure you are still on the next button.  Press the space bar if you are.  Don't press enter.

Some problem may be causing the create account link to be activated, not the next button.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 11:01 AM

Been there, done that.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44 AM

I'm taken to the create an account link instead of the edit box where
I'd type in my password.

> Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria"
> <knitqueen2007@...>

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

I don't want to create an account. I want to sign in to the gmail account I already have.

Rosemarie

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 11:01 AM

Been there, done that.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44 AM

I'm taken to the create an account link instead of the edit box where
I'd type in my password.

> Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria"
> <knitqueen2007@...>

Gene

I gave you a procedure to follow in case something in the way NVDA or you are working on the web page is activating the wrong item.  Please look at my instructions again.  You will see that they are for trying to log in using your account.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 11:01 AM

Been there, done that.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44 AM