having trouble signing into my gmail account

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Arlene

Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: August-28-16 11:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account

Hi, everyone,

I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

On 8/28/2016 6:24 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

It sounds like a browser setting problem.  You are evidently being signed in by your e-mail program using the same information.  What settings are you using for cookies?  If you don't allow cookies, I'm not sure how Google reacts to that.  Do you also have more than one browser on your machine?  If it is a browser problem and you don't know what it might be, using another browser might work around the problem. 

Gene
----- original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

> Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
> Sent: August-28-16 11:25 AM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account
>
> Hi, everyone,
>
>
> I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Rosemarie Chavarria

I have both internet explorer 11 and the latest version of firefox.

On 8/28/2016 7:07 PM, Gene wrote:
It sounds like a browser setting problem.  You are evidently being signed in by your e-mail program using the same information.  What settings are you using for cookies?  If you don't allow cookies, I'm not sure how Google reacts to that.  Do you also have more than one browser on your machine?  If it is a browser problem and you don't know what it might be, using another browser might work around the problem. 

Gene

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

> Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?
>
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
>
> Hi, everyone,
>
>
> I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Gene

I thought it might be cookies but from playing around, it appears that if cookies are off, you get a message to turn them on when you try to log in.  You say you are taken to the create an account page.  I'm not sure what the cause is.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:08 PM

I have both internet explorer 11 and the latest version of firefox.

On 8/28/2016 7:07 PM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

>
>
> Hi, everyone,
>
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Rosemarie
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Arlene

Oh, that is bizarre!

Sent: August-28-16 7:04 PM

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

It's bizarre indeed. I can't even get a hold of my nephew to see if he can check it out on team viewer. I sent him a couple of text messages and he hasn't answered them.

On 8/28/2016 8:13 PM, Arlene wrote:
Oh, that is bizarre!

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Arlene

Hmm! Maybe he's out.

Sent: August-28-16 9:11 PM

It's bizarre indeed. I can't even get a hold of my nephew to see if he can check it out on team viewer. I sent him a couple of text messages and he hasn't answered them.

Oh, that is bizarre!

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

That could be. Maybe he'll get in touch with me tomorrow.

On 8/28/2016 9:41 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hmm! Maybe he's out.

Oh, that is bizarre!

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Arlene

I hope you get your problem solved.

Sent: August-28-16 9:43 PM

Hmm! Maybe he's out.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Oh, that is bizarre!

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

I'm on my home computer.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Felix G.

Just to be sure: Have you tried clearing the browser cache?
Kind regards,
Felix

Arlene <nedster66@...> schrieb am Mo., 29. Aug. 2016 um 06:44 Uhr:

> Hmm! Maybe he's out.
>
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
> Rosemarie Chavarria
> Sent: August-28-16 9:11 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account
>
> It's bizarre indeed. I can't even get a hold of my nephew to see if he can check it out on team viewer. I sent him a couple of text messages and he hasn't answered them.
>
>
>
>
> On 8/28/2016 8:13 PM, Arlene wrote:
>> Oh, that is bizarre!
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
>> Rosemarie Chavarria
>> Sent: August-28-16 7:04 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account
>>
>> Hi, Arleen,
>>
>>
>> I'm on my home computer.
>>
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 8/28/2016 6:24 PM, Arlene wrote:
>>> Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
>>> Rosemarie Chavarria
>>> Sent: August-28-16 11:25 AM
>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> Subject: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account
>>>
>>> Hi, everyone,
>>>
>>>
>>> I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>>
>>> Rosemarie
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 7:24 PM

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm taken to the create an account link instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password.

On 8/29/2016 1:38 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 7:24 PM

Hi, everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I forgot how to do that.

On 8/28/2016 11:00 PM, Felix G. wrote:
Just to be sure: Have you tried clearing the browser cache?
Kind regards,
Felix

Arlene <nedster66@...> schrieb am Mo., 29. Aug. 2016 um 06:44 Uhr:

> Hmm! Maybe he's out.
>
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
> Rosemarie Chavarria
> Sent: August-28-16 9:11 PM
> Subject: Re: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account
>
> It's bizarre indeed. I can't even get a hold of my nephew to see if he can check it out on team viewer. I sent him a couple of text messages and he hasn't answered them.
>
>
>
>
> On 8/28/2016 8:13 PM, Arlene wrote:
>> Oh, that is bizarre!
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
>> Rosemarie Chavarria
>> Sent: August-28-16 7:04 PM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account
>>
>> Hi, Arleen,
>>
>>
>> I'm on my home computer.
>>
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 8/28/2016 6:24 PM, Arlene wrote:
>>> Hi, are you on your home computer? Or are you on a friends computer? Google is getting strange. It happened to me. I tried to put the I pad I share with my friend when I was on vacation. It would not let me. I had an old recovery email address that no longer exists. So I had to delete it and add the email address that we share on the iphone. Google acted like someone was trying to get into my account. So I had to have my room mate go on IE or whatever apple uses as a web browser. She had to allow access to it then it said that my gmail is less secure witch is not true. That is bizarre where you try to sign in and it wants you to create an account when you already have one. Did you write the google team about this problem?
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
>>> Rosemarie Chavarria
>>> Sent: August-28-16 11:25 AM
>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>>> Subject: [nvda] having trouble signing into my gmail account
>>>
>>> Hi, everyone,
>>>
>>>
>>> I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my password. Please help in this matter.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>>
>>> Rosemarie
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Gene

Also, did you try signing in with more than one browser?  If you have more than one browser, that should be one of the first things you try wqhen something unexpected happens.  You can try various things to solve the problem but if another browser works properly, you may save time and trouble. 

Gene

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:44 AM

I'm taken to the create an account link instead of the edit box where
I'd type in my password.

> Are you sure you are not being automatically signed in?
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria"
> <knitqueen2007@...>
> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 7:24 PM
>
>
>> Hi, everyone,
>>
>>
>> I want to make another lavbel for an email list I joined recently but
>> I can't find the place for signing in to my gmail account. I know my
>> email address and password but when I try to sign in, I'm taken to
>> "create an account" instead of the edit box where I'd type in my
>> password. Please help in this matter.
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

Rosemarie Chavarria

Been there, done that.

On 8/29/2016 9:01 AM, Gene wrote:
Also, did you try signing in with more than one browser?  If you have more than one browser, that should be one of the first things you try wqhen something unexpected happens.  You can try various things to solve the problem but if another browser works properly, you may save time and trouble. 

Gene

I'd type in my password.

> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> <knitqueen2007@...>
>
>
>> Hi, everyone,
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

Gene

Then suggestions such as deleting the browser cache won't help.  If more than one browser has the same behavior, both browsers won't have a corrupted browser cache. 

Is this what happens?  You go to the site and the page comes up where you enter your GMail address.  Then when you activate the next button, you are taken to the create an account page. 

If that is what is happening do the following just as I describe and see what happens:
In forms mode, type your e-mail address.
Tab once.  If you go out of forms mode, go back in.  Read the current line to make sure you are still on the next button.  Press the space bar if you are.  Don't press enter. 

Some problem may be causing the create account link to be activated, not the next button. 

Gene

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 11:01 AM

Been there, done that.

Gene

I'd type in my password.

> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> <knitqueen2007@...>
>
>
>> Hi, everyone,
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

I don't want to create an account. I want to sign in to the gmail account I already have.

Rosemarie

On 8/29/2016 9:12 AM, Gene wrote:
Then suggestions such as deleting the browser cache won't help.  If more than one browser has the same behavior, both browsers won't have a corrupted browser cache. 

Is this what happens?  You go to the site and the page comes up where you enter your GMail address.  Then when you activate the next button, you are taken to the create an account page. 

If that is what is happening do the following just as I describe and see what happens:
Tab once.  If you go out of forms mode, go back in.  Read the current line to make sure you are still on the next button.  Press the space bar if you are.  Don't press enter. 

Some problem may be causing the create account link to be activated, not the next button. 

Gene

Been there, done that.

Gene

I'd type in my password.

> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> <knitqueen2007@...>
>
>
>> Hi, everyone,
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

Gene

I gave you a procedure to follow in case something in the way NVDA or you are working on the web page is activating the wrong item.  Please look at my instructions again.  You will see that they are for trying to log in using your account. 

Gene

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 11:35 AM

Hi, Gene,

I don't want to create an account. I want to sign in to the gmail account I already have.

Rosemarie

On 8/29/2016 9:12 AM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Been there, done that.

Gene

I'd type in my password.

> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> <knitqueen2007@...>
>
>
>> Hi, everyone,
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>> Rosemarie
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>