CAPTCHA Be Gone abandoned also?

Patrick ZAJDA

Hello,

Sorry for the off-topic but I contacted CAPTCHA Be Gone last week
without any answer.

It looks like this addon doesn't work with last FireFox version nor with
WaterFox, in fact same as Webvisum (which is free).
Is it like NVDARemote fore which we have no idea of its future? Strange,
it is another project from one of NVDARemote authors which is abandoned...

And to come back more to the list topic, what captcha solver can we use
with NVDA and WaterFox or last FireFox now the two best solutions are
gone out to date?

Thanks and best regards,

Patrick

Damien Garwood <damien@...>

Hi,
Again, unfortunately I have no firm evidence on this, but it does appear that CaptchaBeGone has also been abandoned. The following points lead me to this conclusion.
1. Out-of-date software (no support for Firefox above 57, no support for Edge etc).
2. Captchas never end up getting solved in the first place (though to be fair that could be caused by a number of different variable factors, including point 3 below).
3. Customers no longer seem to be billed (billing system comes up with "500 internal server error" and has done so for a number of months now).
4. Last tweeted 18th September 2016.
5. No reply when contacted.
I won't go starting a rant about the developer involved, however let's just say that these signs come as no big surprise to me, hence the reason I never donated to the NVDA Remote crowdfunding campaign.
That having been said, CBG was a good service while it lasted, and NVDA Remote will still work with NVDA 2018.2 (I just have a portable copy lying around with that installed so that I can still use it when necessary).
Also let's not forget that the Firefox addon interface has been completely rewritten. One of the biggest reasons I'm still stuck on ESR v52 is the fact that another addon I rely on doesn't work on versions later than 57, and the author has explicitly told me that it isn't physically possible to rewrite his addon with the new interface. So I guess this could also be a possibility with CBG. I just wish we'd been told, one way or the other.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 23/09/2018 12:09 PM, Patrick ZAJDA via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello,
Sorry for the off-topic but I contacted CAPTCHA Be Gone last week
without any answer.
It looks like this addon doesn't work with last FireFox version nor with
WaterFox, in fact same as Webvisum (which is free).
Is it like NVDARemote fore which we have no idea of its future? Strange,
it is another project from one of NVDARemote authors which is abandoned...
And to come back more to the list topic, what captcha solver can we use
with NVDA and WaterFox or last FireFox now the two best solutions are
gone out to date?
Thanks and best regards,
Patrick

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Are you meaning navigational sounds?
That is why I'm using waterfox. I do now have the latest firefox working on nvda, but still on windows 7 the 32 bit version of firefox fails to work , ie it is unknown all over the place, and in the previous version of nvda that went for the 64 bit of Firefox too.
I understood that Joseph had a patch for remote, but that the author, or one of the authors has promised to fix it. If the problem is merely wx4, then it looks like its not going to be rocket science if they know what they are doing, as even I have patched a couple of the major ones in 3d Sounds so it works with the default scheme, but am not really up to the rest of it. I think the real crunch on add ons is going to happen when they go Python 3. Its one of those things where from the look of it, the code could well be more efficient and things not now possible can be done, but the pain involved in getting the code to work and all the add ons also to work looks really nasty to me.
I cannot really help, but really, maybe more chats need to be had with NV Access on many of the points I see raised regularly here.
Programmers will always want to improve things but often lose sight of the original goal in the process.
All I'll say is that if it was not for Windows keeping on effectively bringing out a new version of Windows every six months or so, the workload at any screenreader company would not be so high.
I heard an interview with the chap at VFO/FS about Jaws 2019 yesterday and although he is spinning things positively I could not help but notice the little moan about Windows not really leaving things that work alone when they add new features etc. OK its the way things are going perhaps, but I cannot help thinking that with Windows and office changing like the wind and every other bit of software following suit, its no wonder support for us is on shaky ground at times.
OK rant over and I'm not going to blame anyone other than those involved in the development of windows itself.

Since Microsoft seem to change stuff like Skype at a whim, one wonders why we have not got the choice of ordinary and ribbon menus and why the windows 10 apps seem to have been written by people who have not read the windows style guide!
And they ask me why I'm still on Windows 7
Bah humbug.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

With or without hyphens, searching for Captcha-Be-Gone in the Add-Ons under the latest version of Firefox is turning up nothing.  That suggests to me that it's either abandonware or very tardy in redeveloping for Firefox Quantum, and I'd bet on the former.

There are two add-ons that might be of use, though:

                          I'm not a robot captcha clicker which does exactly what it's name suggests

and                    ReCaptcha Solver  which allows you to use any one of 7 different Captcha solver services and to toggle between them.  You have to have account(s) with each service you might want to try to use and I have no idea of just how accessible the interface might be

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian,

Can you tell us about these 7 captcha solving services.  Are they all fee for service? Are any of them free?

Thanks in advance.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron,

            Since I'm sighted I don't use these services, but since I can pull up the pertinent webpages regarding their service terms I am giving a list of those here:

https://2captcha.com/for-customer

http://www.deathbycaptcha.com/user/login  (info on cost is on the page, no login required for that)

http://www.imagetyperz.com/

https://front.rucaptcha.com/for-customer   (from the looks of things there must be an association between these folks and 2captcha.com; I think they're the same company)

https://anti-captcha.com/

https://www.solverecaptcha.com    (NOTE:  This page would not load for me at this time)

https://www.captchadecoder.com/

All are pay services.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Cristóbal

Haha. A little initiative never hurts…

[...]

Andrew <drudwn2000@...>

Hello, I had the misfortune to try Captcha B Gone because of a Pod cast from Mystic access. No Capcha's solved and the only b gone was my three dollars.

I still enjoy Mystic Access other recommendation though.

Best regards  Andrew

[...]

Aside from this add-on appearing to be abandoned, for captcha services you like that can't be used with the current Firefox, if you get a portable version of Firefox that supports the add-on or add-ons, you can use the portable version just on sites where you want to solve a captcha and the current version for other sites.

The last version of Firefox to support a lot of older add-ons is 52ESR.

[...]

Desert Moon

Hello All,

When I am faced with a CAPCHA challenge, I will make use of the Be My Eyes iPhone app. Just ask the volunteer to tall me what's on the screen. Safer than using an unknown add-on.
--
Desert

Sarah k Alawami

You can do that but I have had captchas change every 5 seconds on sime sites which drives me nuts. In fact I had that happen today in fact. I got it done, but yeah drives me nuts.

On 23 Sep 2018, at 16:31, Desert Moon wrote:

Hello All,

When I am faced with a CAPCHA challenge, I will make use of the Be My Eyes iPhone app. Just ask the volunteer to tall me what's on the screen. Safer than using an unknown add-on.
--
Desert

Stephen

Phew. At least it was only $3.00.

At 03:24 AM 9/24/2018, you wrote:
Hello, I had the misfortune to try Captcha B Gone because of a Pod cast from Mystic access. No Capcha's solved and the only b gone was my three dollars.
I still enjoy Mystic Access other recommendation though.
Best regards Andrew

Can you tell us about these 7 captcha solving services. Are they all fee for service? Are any of them free?

Thanks in advance.

On 9/23/2018 10:40 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
With or without hyphens, searching for Captcha-Be-Gone in the Add-Ons under the latest version of Firefox is turning up nothing. That suggests to me that it's either abandonware or very tardy in redeveloping for Firefox Quantum, and I'd bet on the former.

There are two add-ons that might be of use, though:

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/i-m-not-robot-captcha-clicker/?src=search>I'm not a robot captcha clicker which does exactly what it's name suggests

and <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/recaptcha-solver/?src=search>ReCaptcha Solver which allows you to use any one of 7 different Captcha solver services and to toggle between them. You have to have account(s) with each service you might want to try to use and I have no idea of just how accessible the interface might be

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Have you tried this?  I'm not sure it will work well.  Captchas use distorted letters and numbers and I don't know how well a camera picture of a screen will show the distorted characters.  Some captchas use other methods but a lot still use distorted characters.

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 6:31 PM

Hello All,

When I am faced with a CAPCHA challenge, I will make use of the Be My Eyes iPhone app. Just ask the volunteer to tall me what's on the screen. Safer than using an unknown add-on.
--
Desert

Richard Bartholomew

Also, you are placing a lot of faith in someone who will probably be able to see your logon details as well as the captcha!

Regards

Richard Bartholomew

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 6:31 PM

Hello All,

When I am faced with a CAPCHA challenge, I will make use of the Be My Eyes iPhone app. Just ask the volunteer to tall me what's on the screen. Safer than using an unknown add-on.
--
Desert

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No its not there. I think the bigger issue with these is that the wobbly writing is now seldom encountered, it is now the picture description method which is used,
This no doubt is done to thwart the techniques used by such add ons and spammers. However in doing the deed of making it a picture recognition system they are, in my view, in many countries breaking disability law.
If they want to stop spam, they will never win, so why do they keep coming up with terribly bad solutions?