another puzzling seting - this time Winamp

Giles Turnbull

Hi all,

I have another puzzling program issue, this time with Winamp.

I'm sure I've experienced this before,but I can't for the life of me remember how I sorted it out!

It relates to the Winamp 5.666 edition. I use it on my home laptop, my tablet computer and this new Dell laptop that I've got for university work.

For some reason I cannot navigate the playlist with NVDA. I suspect there is a setting that relates to how tracks are displayed, but I can't spot it in the preferences. The playlist window is definitely active.

If I move into the playlist I simply cannot navigate up and down the list. All NVDA says is “List.” I have a good 30 mp3s in the playlist and, even if I start a new playlist and then enqueue a further set of mp3s, I remain unable to navigate the playlist.

I didn't bring the Winamp 5.666 installer with me, unfortunately.

I installed the NVDA extended Winamp addon last night but that doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Giles

Lino Morales

Hi Jiles. Yeah that’s one NVDA needs to look into now that Winamp finally is making a come back possibly in October. Your right that NVDA does not read the list of tracks. I’m thinking an add-on suggestion should be submitted here.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Roger Stewart

There is already an add on for Winamp so this function should probably be added to it.

Roger

On 9/24/2018 2:07 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

[...]

Agree. I don’t remember who the add-on dev person or persons are. If any knows by all means pass that INFO along to us and also to the NVDA add-ons list.

[...]

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

If you are interested there is a tutorial on using winamp on my website at http://accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

Just after you go to the page jump down by headings until you get to the winamp tutorial.

But any how your play list box has to be ticked I think it is called. I also have my equalizer one etc on as well.

But to go between them use the CTRL key + tab key it will cycle you between the sections. When i get to the playlist i can then arrow down and up the list etc.

Gene nz

On 25/09/2018 3:11 AM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I seem to recall that winamp play lists were merely text files in any case and can be edited outside of the software in notepad or similar.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

________________________________

[...]

Ervin, Glenn

In some cases, it's easier to hand-build your own playlist with Notepad, and the shift + applications key to copy a path.
So one could open notepad, jump around to the files in the order that you want them played, and do shift + applications key and the letter A on each file, and pasting that path into Notepad, and then going to the next file for pasting into notepad and so on.
Then after saving the file, just rename the .TXT part to .WPL or whatever your playlist extension is.
Glenn

Agree. I don't remember who the add-on dev person or persons are. If any
knows by all means pass that INFO along to us and also to the NVDA add-ons
list.

10

[...]

Hi Gene,

thanks for the link to your WinAmp tutorial, I will have a read of that. You are correct though that I used to be able to navigate up and down the playlist and pick spcific tracks to play if i wanted ... but now something in this new installation is not working and I can't figure out why!

Even without the Winamp addon I've been able to navigate the playlist but, on this copy, I can't!

I don't have equalizer showing, just the main window and the playlist window, and I get into the playlist by pressing CTRL + ESC.

I'll be popping home from uni in a month's time so should be able to use the 5.666 installer againa at that point. I might even head back sooner specifically for that purpose!

Giles