what's new in nvda 2016.3 tutorial:

kenny Peyatt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...>

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

Install the NVDA free add-on, Speech Player, and use the Edward voice on US English.

Rich De Steno
On 8/29/2016 6:33 AM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

kenny Peyatt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...>

Hi Where can I get the speech player add on for Nvda?

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Install the NVDA free add-on, Speech Player, and use the Edward voice on US English.

Rich De Steno

On 8/29/2016 6:33 AM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

The Gamages

you could also use the voices from Narrator, [sappie 5], it will be in the list of synthesisers in the NVDA menus.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 11:40 AM

Install the NVDA free add-on, Speech Player, and use the Edward voice on US English.

Rich De Steno
On 8/29/2016 6:33 AM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

Try this URL:

http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

Rich De Steno
On 8/29/2016 7:02 AM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi Where can I get the speech player add on for Nvda?

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Install the NVDA free add-on, Speech Player, and use the Edward voice on US English.

Rich De Steno

On 8/29/2016 6:33 AM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

John Sanfilippo <john.sanfilippo@...>

Just a suggestion, unless this does not fit your scheme:

I'm happy with the SAPI voices, especially Microsoft David. Yes it occasionally mispronounces, but it otherwise sounds quite natural.

John S

On 8/29/16 6:33, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Dejan Ristic

As for me, I would use one of the three Iven voices. I understand them clearly.

On 8/29/2016 12:33 PM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Kevin Cussick

for what it's worth I think using espeak at the default speed and pitch is what you should use. after all this is what nvda comes with.

On 29/08/2016 11:33, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:
Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the
tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t
have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Lino Morales

David would be great.

On 8/29/2016 6:33 AM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:

Hi what would be a great sybthesyser to use with nvda when I do the tutorial for 2015.3? The synthesyser I am using is espeak NG. I don’t have the funds to purchase volcalizer expressive.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Bhavya shah

Hi,
Although I am an ESpeak lover, I would recommend against using ESpeak
NG, since certain segments of NVDA's user base, including those with
hearing impairments, or those simply accustomed to natural sounding
speech, would be excluded. Taking into account their speech
synthesizer preferences, I would recommend using either ETI Eloquence,
Vocalizer, Acaeplla or SAPI 5 voices. Feel free to reach out to me
offlist in case requirement of a commercial alternative of the afore
mentioned, as I may be able to assist in procuring one or more of the
same.
Thanks.

David would be great.

--