From: Nika Tsiklauri
Sent: 26 September 2018 17:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io Group Moderators
Subject: [nvda] Problem with nvda.

Hello everyone! a friend of mine has the strange problem with NVDA. NVDA key + down arrow doesn't work as expected. It only reads one line and then stops reading. Any ideas how it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance,

Nick.

Have you tried to check the command associated to this combination keys?
You can do it simply going to the input gestures option, which you can find at the preferences NVDA menu.
Also, it'd be interesting to verify the keyboard layout.

Em 26/09/2018 13:23, Nika Tsiklauri escreveu:

Hello everyone! a friend of mine has the strange problem with NVDA. NVDA key + down arrow doesn't work as expected. It only reads one line and then stops reading. Any ideas how it can be fixed?
Thanks in advance,
Nick.

Rui Fontes

In laptop keyboard scheme is CapsLock+A...

Rui

Às 17:23 de 26/09/2018, Nika Tsiklauri escreveu:

Hello everyone! a friend of mine has the strange problem with NVDA. NVDA key + down arrow doesn't work as expected. It only reads one line and then stops reading. Any ideas how it can be fixed?
Thanks in advance,
Nick.

Nika Tsiklauri

hello. thanks for your answer. she is using the desktop keyboard layout.
thanks
nick.

Hello Nika,
Did you and your friend solve the problem?
Did you try to check the key combination in the input gestures menu?
Also, just saying, I tried capslock+down arrow to see what happens and NVDA behaved the same way. This should be the cause of the problem.
When we say NVDA key we are saying insert or capslock and it depends on what configuration your friend uses.
Maybe you already know it but as I wrote before, just saying.
Em 26/09/2018 15:32, Nika Tsiklauri escreveu:

hello. thanks for your answer. she is using the desktop keyboard layout.
thanks
nick.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What software is she trying to read text from?
If its Open office or Libra Office then there will always be problems.

If this happens in, say wordpad I think we need to find out more about the problem. Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-