Topics

ASSISTANCE OR ADVICE

Christo Vorster

Hi Group

The Institute for the Blind, or as it is known after a name change, Kaleidoscope, opened a hightech training centre for the training of vision impaired people, world wide, on I-phone, or IOS based equipment.

Of the intended trainees will be the students at the Pioneer School for the Vission Impaired in Worcester, South Africa.

Can anybody advise us on the availability of educational games, or any other games, that might be suited for the initial introduction of children aged from 5 to 10 years. Advice on games for teenagers and adults will also be welcome.

The games must be I-phone or IOS based. If the games are free, it will be fantastic, but if not, we’ll buy. The bottom line is just that we need to get such games to use for the introduction of children to the I-phone/IOS environment.

I hope that someone will be able to give us some information

Regards, and thanks

Christo Vorster (Worcester South Africa)

Christo Vorster

Dosent: Kaleidoskoop Opleidingskollege

Lecturer: Kaleidoscope Training College

T: 023 348 7634

C: 079 512 2856

F: 023 348 7633

E: christo@...

W: www.kaleidoscopesa.org

Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street

Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

Antony Stone

http://appadvice.com/applists/show/fun-apps-for-blind-and-visually-impaired
looks like a useful list, if you haven't found it already.

However, I think you may be better off asking such a question on a more iOS-
oriented list such as http://groups.google.com/group/viphone (which I found at
http://blind.wikia.com/wiki/IPhone ) rather than on this Windows-based NVDA
list.

Antony.

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

- Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Richard

(Sent from my iPhone 5S)

On Aug 30, 2016, at 6:00 AM, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Anthony

Yes, you are probably right, but we figured we'd post it on all the groups
we have access to.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Christo

[...]

Žiga Hajduković <zigah111@...>

Hi, Christo,

We are a small indie gamedev studio (Dawn of Play), based in Slovenia, and are working on a spatial-memory game for two players.

Flip the Dice could fit what you're looking for:

Let me know, if it looks interesting to you - it is still in development, but I could provide you with a testflight beta build, if you want to try it out?

Kind regards!

Quentin Christensen

Sounds interesting.

When the site says "coming soon to your mobile" - do you mean "iPhone" or will it be available for Android as well?  I notice the line further down which mentions working with VoiceOver, but doesn't say anything about TalkBack.

If so, will it be playable between platforms (ie I have an Android and my wife has an iPhone, will we be able to play each other)?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Žiga Hajduković <zigah111@...> wrote:

Hi, Christo,

We are a small indie gamedev studio (Dawn of Play), based in Slovenia, and are working on a spatial-memory game for two players.

Flip the Dice could fit what you're looking for:

Let me know, if it looks interesting to you - it is still in development, but I could provide you with a testflight beta build, if you want to try it out?

Kind regards!

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer