Does updating NVDA preserve setttings?

John J. Boyer

,When I update NVDA to the new release will my setings be preserved? If
it changes my Braille settings I won't be able to use my Windows machine
until I get sighted assisance. I hope that NVDA will not change settings
if my Braille display gets disconnected acciddentally. That happened a
coupple of weeks ago.

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.

John,

        Someone else who uses a Braille display will have to absolutely confirm with regard to that.  My experience with upgrading NVDA from release to release using the internal update feature or installing release candidate software has kept all of my settings preserved as well as all the add-ons I've installed.  This is common practice now and the only deviation I commonly see from it is the inclusion of a specific question during certain installs where a question is asked as to whether you'd like to do a clean install and telling you this resets everything back to "out of the box" condition.   NVDA has never presented me with one of these and has always carried my settings forward.

David Moore

Hi,
Yes they will. All settings and add ons are preserved!
David Moore

,When I update NVDA to the new release will my setings be preserved? If
it changes my Braille settings I won't be able to use my Windows machine
until I get sighted assisance. I hope that NVDA will not change settings
if my Braille display gets disconnected acciddentally. That happened a
coupple of weeks ago.

Thanks,

--
John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
Email: john.boyer@...
Website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Mission: To develop softwares and provide STEM services for people with
disabilities which are available at no cost.

slery <slerythema@...>

This last update to 2016.3 did not keep my speech settings and I had to go in and reset them.

Cindy