bookkeeping program

Jean <jmarcleyhaha@...>

I am still looking for a bookkeeping program that can be EASILY accessed by NVDA.  Quick Books would be my choice, but I don’t want to spend the money if it won’t work.

Is anyone using any kind of bookkeeping program that you can tell me about?

Thanks so much.

Jean

PS:  I am not a computer whiz.  Most of what you all talk about is way over my head.  I am a little old lady in Arizona working on my standup comedy career. (smiles)

Rayn Darren

HI Jean,

I don’t know of a program, I haven’t tried quickbooks yet, but, if you don’t find anything, I’d be happy to do your books for you. It’s a service my company provides, please feel free to contact me off list for more info. Best of luck in finding a program though!

Sarah

I am still looking for a bookkeeping program that can be EASILY accessed by NVDA.  Quick Books would be my choice, but I don’t want to spend the money if it won’t work.

Is anyone using any kind of bookkeeping program that you can tell me about?

Thanks so much.

Jean

PS:  I am not a computer whiz.  Most of what you all talk about is way over my head.  I am a little old lady in Arizona working on my standup comedy career. (smiles)

Monte Single

What about the program from APH   called MoneyTalks?

I don’t know of a program, I haven’t tried quickbooks yet, but, if you don’t find anything, I’d be happy to do your books for you. It’s a service my company provides, please feel free to contact me off list for more info. Best of luck in finding a program though!

Sarah

I am still looking for a bookkeeping program that can be EASILY accessed by NVDA.  Quick Books would be my choice, but I don’t want to spend the money if it won’t work.

Is anyone using any kind of bookkeeping program that you can tell me about?

Thanks so much.

Jean

PS:  I am not a computer whiz.  Most of what you all talk about is way over my head.  I am a little old lady in Arizona working on my standup comedy career. (smiles)

Jean <jmarcleyhaha@...>

Sarah,

Thank you for the offer.  I want it only for my own personal finances and am currently using Excel.

I Used to use Quicken 98 but it became obsolete.

Jean

I don’t know of a program, I haven’t tried quickbooks yet, but, if you don’t find anything, I’d be happy to do your books for you. It’s a service my company provides, please feel free to contact me off list for more info. Best of luck in finding a program though!

Sarah

I am still looking for a bookkeeping program that can be EASILY accessed by NVDA.  Quick Books would be my choice, but I don’t want to spend the money if it won’t work.

Is anyone using any kind of bookkeeping program that you can tell me about?

Thanks so much.

Jean

PS:  I am not a computer whiz.  Most of what you all talk about is way over my head.  I am a little old lady in Arizona working on my standup comedy career. (smiles)

Jean <jmarcleyhaha@...>

Do you use this program?  I am not familiar with it.

Jean

[...]

No, I just heard about it a few years ago.

[...]

ely.r@...

Money Talks is a good serviceable checkbook register and check writing program. Much depends on how sophisticated your book keeping needs may be.

You can download a functional version for trial. It is self -voicing  but works well with screen readers as well.

The link at APH is;

https://tech.aph.org/mt_info.htm

Rick

[...]

Totally understandable. I’m using Excel as well, but with Jaws as NVDA doesn’t seem to like it very much.

[...]

Angelo Sonnesso

QuickBooks is somewhat accessible, with NVDA.

How much book keeping do you need ?

If you just need to manage checking accounts I would try “Ace Money Lite”.

73 N2DYN Angelo

[...]

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>

Hi List

Is Pastel accessible with NVDA?

Kind regards

Heaven Botma

Programme Co-ordinator | Program Koördineerder

20 Adderley Street, Worcester

T 023 348 7616 F 086 415 6835

www.innovationfortheblind.org

[...]

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

i do. It is a check book program it will allow you to track credit card purchases as well as any banking account. It does not do inventory,nor track investments, nor wages.

[...]

then Money talks is for you. it is produced as another member mentioned by american printinghouse for the blind.
i have used it since 2004. it even has a check printing function.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

For some reason older versions of Excel work better in NVDA, I suspect half the issue is that it keeps on being down, erm updated by Microsoft!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Totally understandable. I'm using Excel as well, but with Jaws as NVDA
doesn't seem to like it very much.

I am still looking for a bookkeeping program that can be EASILY accessed by
NVDA. Quick Books would be my choice, but I don't want to spend the money
if it won't work.
Is anyone using any kind of bookkeeping program that you can tell me about?
Thanks so much.
Jean
PS: I am not a computer whiz. Most of what you all talk about is way over
my head. I am a little old lady in Arizona working on my standup comedy
career. (smiles)

Jean <jmarcleyhaha@...>

Thank you all for your suggestions. Money Talks looks promising.
Jean

Totally understandable. I'm using Excel as well, but with Jaws as NVDA
doesn't seem to like it very much.

I am still looking for a bookkeeping program that can be EASILY accessed
by
NVDA. Quick Books would be my choice, but I don't want to spend the money
if it won't work.
Is anyone using any kind of bookkeeping program that you can tell me
about?
Thanks so much.
Jean
PS: I am not a computer whiz. Most of what you all talk about is way
over
my head. I am a little old lady in Arizona working on my standup comedy
career. (smiles)

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Feel free to ask if you have any problems or questions. there is also an email list for moneytalks.
I think the subscription info is on APH's page.

[...]

Didier Colle

On 30/09/2018 20:37, Jean wrote:

I am still looking for a bookkeeping program that can be EASILY accessed by NVDA.  Quick Books would be my choice, but I don’t want to spend the money if it won’t work.

Is anyone using any kind of bookkeeping program that you can tell me about?

Thanks so much.

Jean

PS:  I am not a computer whiz.  Most of what you all talk about is way over my head.  I am a little old lady in Arizona working on my standup comedy career. (smiles)

David <trailerdavid@...>

Do you have MSOffice? Why not using a spreadsheet, or two, for your needs?

Excell could be a bit of a learning curve, in case you never worked with spreadsheets before. If there would be certain operations you think you could not do with Excel,or the like, let us know, and see if someone happens to know what to do. I do realize, this might not be covering all features you want, and hence the advice was just for an idea. Still, it might take care of the more basics, if that is all you need.

On 10/6/2018 5:33 PM, Didier Colle wrote:

what about ledger? see https://www.ledger-cli.org/download.html