Outlook 2016 almost unusable with NVDA 2016.3

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is to
reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I heard this before for both Jaws and nvda on a radio show the other day. it seems office 2016 does not play nice on some peoples machines.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is to
reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Engin Albayrak <mealbayrak@...>

I have no problem for Outlook 2016 and nvda 2016.3

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is
to reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Pranav Lal

Hi Brian,

Hmm, I was about to install jaws and try it. Do you have any more details?

Pranav

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is
reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Pranav Lal

Hi,

What operating system is your computer running?

Pranav

I have no problem for Outlook 2016 and nvda 2016.3

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is to
reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

Pranav, I have no problem with Outlook 2016 and NVDA 2016.3 Did you reinstall Outlook last week? I did have problems with the original installation and these were cleared up after I reinstalled Office 2016. Now everything is working fine in Word, Excel and Outlook 2016.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Engin Albayrak <mealbayrak@...>

Win10 1607

What operating system is your computer running?

Pranav

I have no problem for Outlook 2016 and nvda 2016.3

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is
to reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Craig

Hi.

Don't and didn't have any probs with NVDA 16.3 and Outlook 2016 on Win10
machine. Runs like a dream.

If anything seems a minor fix that I had where at the first opening outlook
and the first email wouldn't read but I just exited the email and then
reenter then I could read however this seems to be resolved.

What operating system is your computer running?

Pranav

I have no problem for Outlook 2016 and nvda 2016.3

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is
to reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Pranav Lal

Hi Craig,

This is good to know.

Pranav

What operating system is your computer running?

Pranav

I have no problem for Outlook 2016 and nvda 2016.3

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is to
reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Pranav Lal

Hmm,

My version of windows 10 appears to be older than yours. I still have not gotten
the anniversary update. I wonder, should I force install it?

Pranav

What operating system is your computer running?

Pranav

I have no problem for Outlook 2016 and nvda 2016.3

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is to
reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Pranav Lal

Hi Cearbhall,

I have an office 365 subscription. Any ideas on how I reinstall outlook? I have not had to reinstall programs since I moved to windows 7. I am on windows 10 now. <chuckle

Pranav

Pranav, I have no problem with Outlook 2016 and NVDA 2016.3 Did you reinstall Outlook last week? I did have problems with the original installation and these were cleared up after I reinstalled Office 2016. Now everything is working fine in Word, Excel and Outlook 2016.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Yes it seems to be machine specific from what I have heard. Needs more investigation I'd say.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I have no problem for Outlook 2016 and nvda 2016.3

I am still experiencing the issue where when I am replying or composing a
message, outlook 2016 will hang at random intervals. The only solution is
to reboot my computer.
I have raised the issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5835

I have also tried outlook in safe mode but I still had the problem.
Os=windows 10 64bit
Windows version = Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

It was mentioned on a techtolk on RNIB Connect radio, but don't recall the date. The lady, one of the presenters said that even microsoft could not get it to work so had gone back to 2013 version of office and allwas well again. No further details.