Topics

Strange pronunciations

Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>

Hi,

After upgrading to NVDA 2018.3, eSpeak is strangely pronouncing all words with the letter "y" when in the Portuguese brazilian language.

For example, the word "system" is being pronounced as "zystem".

Can someone communicate this to the eSpeak team?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Walmir,

Someone (possibly you?) reported this on Twitter as well and I created an issue on the eSpeak NG issue tracker here: https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/557

Feel free to subscribe to that or reply if you have more detail to add.

If you do subscribe to the issue, feel free to prompt me when they fix and close it, and we'll look at updating the version of eSpeak NG we use in NVDA.

NVDA doesn't automatically update eSpeak NG builds as new ones are released, but we'll make updating a priority when we know there are fixes in there that users are waiting on.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen