NVDA & NVDA Add-On Archive Pages - Has there been consideration to creating these?

I have always found it a bit odd that NVAccess does not have, at least that I know of, an "Older Versions" page much like JAWS and many other software houses do.

It has become abundantly clear that there will be times when NVDA, or an NVDA Add-On, ends up being updated but that causes a lot of other stuff to break for an individual user for a wide variety of reasons.   It would be really nice if it were possible for the end user to have quick and ready access to, say, the immediately previous two or three releases of NVDA and the same for the Add-Ons.

Right now the roll-back process, unless one has created one's own personal archive of installers, is a cyclic one-off effort where someone "on the inside" has to dig out a link that can be used to get an older release.  Since these do not change after they are released (at least not typically) and certainly don't change once the next release is out in their prior release form, having archival access with ease just makes sense.

           ~ Bertrand Russell

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I agree and have said as much many times, I suspect its a work load issue, not a reticence to doing it though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another. Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~ Bertrand Russell