bugs with addon PlaceMarker

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

There has been some discussion about the Chinese issues on the issues tracker mailing list, but I did not actually read them. I think you are right, some add ons seem not to be aware, and this also adds on to imogees too I think, not knowing Chinese, I can say no more here.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: "NVDA Groups.io mailing list email" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 4:59 AM
Subject: [nvda] bugs with addon PlaceMarker

Hi, me again.

I came across some bugs with PlaceMarker would like to report it here.

Situation 1:
I visited https://www.hkbu.org.hk/b5_services4.php and I selected "輔助工具介紹及下載區" (this is traditional Chinese) and then press ctrl shift nvda k to create a marker.
then, if I press alt nvda k to bring up the note window, nvda crash and force restart.
After restart, I try to open the note window again, and it crash again and restart again.
Then if I press nvda k to move to the marker position and press nvda shift ctrl delete to remove the marker, then, pressing alt nvda k can bring up the note window again.

situation 2:
I visited another website in Simplified Chinese and selected text "1042楼2018-10-01 23:46" to create a marker.
This time, pressing alt nvda k can bring up the note window, but the display of the note became something like "30937 - 1042?2018-10-01 23:46" where the Simplified Chinese was replaced with ?

I thought the above bugs were something relating to Unicode? or something relating to multi language handling?
May you please help to look it out.
Thanks,
William

Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...>

Hi, me again.

I came across some bugs with PlaceMarker would like to report it here.

Situation 1:
I visited https://www.hkbu.org.hk/b5_services4.php and I selected "輔助工具介紹及下載區" (this is traditional Chinese) and then press ctrl shift nvda k to create a marker.
then, if I press alt nvda k to bring up the note window, nvda crash and force restart.
After restart, I try to open the note window again, and it crash again and restart again.
Then if I press nvda k to move to the marker position and press nvda shift ctrl delete to remove the marker, then, pressing alt nvda k can bring up the note window again.

situation 2:
I visited another website in Simplified Chinese and selected text "1042楼2018-10-01 23:46" to create a marker.
This time, pressing alt nvda k can bring up the note window, but the display of the note became something like "30937 - 1042?2018-10-01 23:46" where the Simplified Chinese was replaced with ?

I thought the above bugs were  something relating to Unicode? or something relating to multi language handling?
May you please help to look it out.
Thanks,
William