Topics

NVDA and Windows 7

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

Are there any known problems running NVDA 2018.3.2 on Windows 7 on a desktop PC?

I have heard of one case that is having difficulty and I am about to assist that person. It would help to know if there are any issues.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Nothing much. I cannot run 32 bit Firefox after version 56, but 64 bit versions seem to work. When I say cannot run, I mean it runs as far as a sighted user is concerned, but the web page content is unknown.

The only other issue I have and I'm not convinced its windows 7 or nvda, is that Dropbox prefs, share and log in dialogues no longer work for me. My feeling is that when Avast got on the machine, removing it has messed something up, and the fixer tool or sfc cannot fix it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Are there any known problems running NVDA 2018.3.2 on Windows 7 on a desktop
PC?

I have heard of one case that is having difficulty and I am about to assist
that person. It would help to know if there are any issues.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Andy

i'm running that combo with no issues.

Andy

Are there any known problems running NVDA 2018.3.2 on Windows 7 on a desktop PC?

I have heard of one case that is having difficulty and I am about to assist that person. It would help to know if there are any issues.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Quentin Christensen

Hi Cearbhall,

Probably redundant replying now, but I will anyway :)

The main issue that I'm aware of, is that you need to be running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.  If you have an older version of Windows 7, you'll need to run NVDA 2017.3 until you update to SP1.

Otherwise, Windows 7 is certainly still supported, so if you do encounter anything else that doesn't work as expected, do please let us know.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 5:31 PM Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:

Hi,

Are there any known problems running NVDA 2018.3.2 on Windows 7 on a desktop PC?

I have heard of one case that is having difficulty and I am about to assist that person. It would help to know if there are any issues.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

~Quentin,

Not too late, actually! Ill pass your advice on, thanks.