NVDA and Win 10 1809

Don H

NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says
C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s
Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.
Not a game changer just a little annoying

Robert Mendoza

Hi, I got the same result from here. Kinda strange to hearing those on the background.

Robert Mendoza

On 10/3/2018 8:36 AM, Don H wrote:
NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says
C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s
Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.
Not a game changer just a little annoying

Inam Uddin

Dear friends, I’m using windows 10 version 2018.09 build OS17763 with NVDA 2018.3.2 but I’m not hearing any kind of extra announcement!

Charlsdarwin1

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 10/3/2018 8:36 AM, Don H wrote:

> NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange

> thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says

> C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals

> readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s

> Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.

> Not a game changer just a little annoying

Robert Mendoza

Hi, in addition to my earlier post this only occur in NVDA specifically  but in JAWS works fine. So, I presume NVDA reading something or voicing it from the background the scenario happens only when opening the Settings dialog by pressing the
Windows keys plus I

As for troubleshooting, I did to disable the addons to ensure NVDA 2018.3.2
reads again by got the same results.

Though significantly not affecting but somehow annoying so I believe this has a fix or workaround in the future.

As for the record again, pasting the line that is reading by NVDA 2018.3.2in Windows 10 1809:

On 10/3/2018 8:36 AM, Don H wrote:

> NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange

> thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says

> C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals

> readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s

> Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.

> Not a game changer just a little annoying

Hi,

I bet this is yet another live region text that should be suppressed from my end (once again). I’d say don’t worry about this too much.

Cheers,

Joseph

On 10/3/2018 8:36 AM, Don H wrote:

> NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange

> thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says

> C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals

> readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s

> Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.

> Not a game changer just a little annoying

Yes its doing that to, its not stopping me read the settings though.

On 10/3/2018 1:36 PM, Don H wrote:
NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says
C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s
Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.
Not a game changer just a little annoying

.

David Moore

Hi all!

I am using Windows 10 1809 with NVDA latest alpha snap shot, and I am not having any of the problems that people are having with NVDA 1803.X

I just wanted you to know!

NVDA is working better for me in Windows 1809 than in 1803.

David Moore

On 10/3/2018 1:36 PM, Don H wrote:

> NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange

> thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says

> C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals

> readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s

> Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.

> Not a game changer just a little annoying

> .

Don H

Why are some users hearing this extra verbage and others are not?

On 10/3/2018 8:36 AM, Don H wrote:

> NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809.  There is one strange

> thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says

> C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals

> readman  S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s

> Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.

> Not a game changer just a little annoying

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Could this be text with ink and paper set the same?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

On 10/3/2018 8:36 AM, Don H wrote:
NVDA seems to be running great with Win 10 1809. There is one strange thing that NVDA is voicing when entering the settings app. NVDA says
C equals Microsoft Windows O equals Microsoft Corporation L equals readman S equals washington and one more that I can't understand.s
Sighted help says there is nothing like this on the screen.
Not a game changer just a little annoying

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

i am not running into tis problem.