Topics

Are either lastpass or 1Password accessible with nvda on win7 and win10?

Mike Sedmak

I am considering changing password managers and would welcome feedback
on the accessibility of lastpass and 1Password on windows.

Any recommendations for or against either based on accessibility?

Thanks,
Mike

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

I have not used either of these on the Windows platform, however One Password's developer was responsive to requests to make there application accessible on IOS and MacOS. I believe there was another query about 1Password on the NVDA mailing list in the last week, so you might want to review the archives.

Take care,

Jonathan Cohn

On 10/7/18, 11:34 AM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Mike Sedmak" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of mcsedmak@...> wrote:

I am considering changing password managers and would welcome feedback
on the accessibility of lastpass and 1Password on windows.

Any recommendations for or against either based on accessibility?

Thanks,
Mike

i recommend KeePass. i use it. it's totally accessible. u mast enable screen reader support in advanced settings.
and you can import your database from another manager.

Jackie

Actually, I've been using Keepass for years & didn't even know there
was a screen reader setting till Alexander was kind & astute enough to
point that out. I don't know if it actually makes much difference, as
I just set it. I'll just have to work w/it & see if I think it really
does optimize screen reader experience, as I was certainly very
satisfied w/o the setting. I do think that absolutely everyone should
use a password manager unless they just don't go online at all, & then
they likely wouldn't be on this list :).

On 10/7/18, Alexander Epaneshnikov <@erikpro> wrote:
i recommend KeePass. ( https://keepass.info/ ) i use it. it's totally
accessible. u mast enable screen reader support in advanced settings.
and you can import your database from another manager.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm thinking of it also as I find so many restrictions on passwords nowadays that the only true way is something totally random which of course if you lose it is impossible most of the time to remember.
So how would one import already signed in services without a reset password request on every single one.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Actually, I've been using Keepass for years & didn't even know there
was a screen reader setting till Alexander was kind & astute enough to
point that out. I don't know if it actually makes much difference, as
I just set it. I'll just have to work w/it & see if I think it really
does optimize screen reader experience, as I was certainly very
satisfied w/o the setting. I do think that absolutely everyone should
use a password manager unless they just don't go online at all, & then
they likely wouldn't be on this list :).

On 10/7/18, Alexander Epaneshnikov <@erikpro> wrote:
i recommend KeePass. ( https://keepass.info/ ) i use it. it's totally
accessible. u mast enable screen reader support in advanced settings.
and you can import your database from another manager.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

E.T.

I have 1Password 7 on Mac and Windows. I find the Mac easier but once its all set up, Windows too is ok though I still am not used to NVDA. 1Password 7 looks to be able to handle today's schemes used for passwords. I still need to move the data from Dropbox to my account at 1Password.com. Had some assistance from Sylvie. :)

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
Ancient.Aliens@...
Many believe that we have been visited
in the past. What if it were true?

On 10/7/2018 8:50 AM, Cohn, Jonathan wrote:
Hello,
I have not used either of these on the Windows platform, however One Password's developer was responsive to requests to make there application accessible on IOS and MacOS. I believe there was another query about 1Password on the NVDA mailing list in the last week, so you might want to review the archives.
Take care,
Jonathan Cohn
On 10/7/18, 11:34 AM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Mike Sedmak" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of mcsedmak@...> wrote:
I am considering changing password managers and would welcome feedback
on the accessibility of lastpass and 1Password on windows.

Any recommendations for or against either based on accessibility?

Thanks,
Mike

Ejaz Shah

LastPass seems to be quite accessible to me. I have been using this with Firefox for many years.