Windows 10 issues

Hi,

Since I started using NVDA on my new laptop, I noticed a few issues.

The first issue is, despite the fact that NVDA can now read mail contents in the Mail app, I can't seem to get NVDA to read the mail content without object navigation.

The second issue is, in the Settings app, when I open a setting, I won't know whether a category is selected because NVDA won't say 'selected'. On my Surface 3 NVDA worked just fine in the Settings app.

I tried restarting with add ons disabled, still the same issue.

Any help in getting NVDA to work properly with the mMai and Settings app? Also on the other note, the issue with the calculator app is still not resolved.

hi.
whats mail app in windows ten called?
whats the mail app in windows ten?

On 9/8/16, Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi,

Since I started using NVDA on my new laptop, I noticed a few issues.

The first issue is, despite the fact that NVDA can now read mail contents in
the Mail app, I can't seem to get NVDA to read the mail content without
object navigation.

The second issue is, in the Settings app, when I open a setting, I won't
know whether a category is selected because NVDA won't say 'selected'. On my
Surface 3 NVDA worked just fine in the Settings app.

I tried restarting with add ons disabled, still the same issue.

Any help in getting NVDA to work properly with the mMai and Settings app?
Also on the other note, the issue with the calculator app is still not
resolved.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
al-islam.org

The mail app in question is 'Mail'. It comes by default on Windows 10.

Chris Mullins

Hi

I agree there is some confusion with the Settings window but I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not.  I’ve not had the Anniversary update yet so when I press Windows+i I land in the list of Settings categories on ‘System, which is reported as not selected.  When I press enter on ‘System’, the subsequent page displayed has a list of System sub-categories, all of which are reported as not selected when they are spoken by NVDA but nevertheless, invoke details of the relevant sub-category when enter is pressed. The same is true for the list of items I have configured for my start menu.  The question is, does a list item become ‘selected’ when it gets focus as in previous Windows versions or is it different for Windows 10?

Cheers

Chris

Since I started using NVDA on my new laptop, I noticed a few issues.

The first issue is, despite the fact that NVDA can now read mail contents in the Mail app, I can't seem to get NVDA to read the mail content without object navigation.

The second issue is, in the Settings app, when I open a setting, I won't know whether a category is selected because NVDA won't say 'selected'. On my Surface 3 NVDA worked just fine in the Settings app.

I tried restarting with add ons disabled, still the same issue.

Any help in getting NVDA to work properly with the mMai and Settings app? Also on the other note, the issue with the calculator app is still not resolved.

Hi,

In the sub category list of the settings app, NVDA should announce 'selected' when I press enter on a sub category. When I look at the screen, NVDA should announce this when a sub category has a blue highlight around it.

I wonder, will clean uninstall/reinstall of NVDA 2016.3 solve the issues I'm having? By clean I mean uninstalling NVDA, getting rid of all the settings and add ons, and then reinstall everything again.