Topics

Strange issue with NVDA 2016.3 and Hims BrailleSense Plus

Mallard

Hello all,

A friend reports installing a Hims BrailleSense Plus with NVDA 2016.3 on Windows 10 (latest update), and experiencing the following issues:

1. NVDA doesn't retain the braille display selection, and the device must be selected every time he connects it, or restarts NVDA;

2. The braille display command keys and cursor routings don't respond, although they did as soon as the device was installed.

Both the laptop and NVDA have been rebooted a few times to check whether they would return to work correctly, but no success.

I know the braille display is a BrailleSense Plus with qwerty, and that braille settings are on "Braille display follows focus".

I hope someone has some advice, because the guy is a teacher, and badly needs his device to work properly at scholl, as well as at home.

Ciao,
Ollie

Chris Mullins

I wonder if details of the Braille device is stored in the NVDA.ini file, I
don't use Braille so don't know but if so, once your friend has got the
Braille device attached and working, try pressing nvda+ctrl+c to save the
current profile. Now try restarting NVDA and see if Braille device still
works.

Cheers
Chris

[...]

Thanks Chris,

I'll pass this on, and see what happens.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 09/09/2016 11:23, Chris Mullins ha scritto:
[...]

P. Otter

hi, i know that problem, there is an error in a .dll file.

there is a new one, i don't know why they don't implement it in the new version of nvda.

i can if you want post the correct .dll file.

you can find the .dll in the folder /nvda/brailledisplay drivers/hims

there you find a .dll called HanSoneConnect.dll

but this one is wrong, it connects the display not correct.

you have to overwrite it with the new one and all your problems are gone.

i hear if you want it.

cheers

paul otter

Op 9-9-2016 om 11:15 schreef Mallard:

[...]

.

Mallard

Hello Paul,

Yes, please! Could you send me the .dll file at

mallard@...

I suppose you'll have to send a link; I don't know whether servers would block a .dll file as such.

I'm sure my friend will be forever grateful, and not just him!

Thanks ever so much!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 09/09/2016 14:46, P. Otter ha scritto:
[...]

Rui Fontes

Send it also to me, please!

rui.fontes@...

Rui