iTunes and NVDA.

Matt Turner

Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote, nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes away there's no speech.

Lino Morales

This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote, nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes away there's no speech.

Matt Turner

True, I rarely use iTunes anymore, in favor of foobar2000.

I've moved over to google play for buying music, plus you can upload 50000 songs for free.

On 9/9/2016 7:58 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote, nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes away there's no speech.

Lino Morales

Well I mainly use it to play my albums from Apple Music. Even that with NVDA and Narrator its sluggish when I tab around just to get to my track list. I'll be very surprised V 12 and a half will come out the on the 13 when IOS 10 drops. If it does, I bet it will still be a mess.

On 9/9/2016 8:06 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
True, I rarely use iTunes anymore, in favor of foobar2000.

I've moved over to google play for buying music, plus you can upload 50000 songs for free.

On 9/9/2016 7:58 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote, nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes away there's no speech.

Arlene

No, I can vogue for that. Itunes has changed a lot.

This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc.
Its a shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've
wrote, nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you
need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes
away there's no speech.

It is exactly what it used to be, ie rubbish software that they cannot leave alone and have to keep changing it so screenreaders do not work. Bout time Apple rewrote their web site with something normal and made it a normal commerce site instead of anodball thing that only runs with their software.
I feel better now!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote, nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes away there's no speech.

Kerry Painter <littlemisslovely1973@...>

Unfortunately that's Apple. Now they are starting to do it with their hardware too. :-(

Sent from my iPhone

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@gmail.com>
This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote, nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes away there's no speech.

Life My Way

I am able to browse and use the Itunes store just fine with nvda, I agree that Itunes needs a rewrite but the store works great for me.

On 9/10/2016 3:34 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
[...]

I'm glad it works for you. But on my friend's Ipad and phone. Itunes is
different.

This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as
hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a
shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote,
nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you
need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes
away there's no speech.

Gerardo Corripio

Whereever ITunes with Nvda lacks, when wanting to browse through The apps meeing to updates, only Table vew is reportes by NVDA; arrow key movements does nothing! Any useful tips?

Enviado con Aquamail para Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

El 10 de septiembre de 2016 11:35:31 PM "Arlene" <nedster66@gmail.com> escribio:

I'm glad it works for you. But on my friend's Ipad and phone. Itunes is
different.

This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as
hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a
shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote,
nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you
need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes
away there's no speech.

Lino Morales

That good Ron, but as already stated by me and others NVDA still will crash. More like silence speech. This mess has been going on since V 2015.3 into the current version.

On 9/11/2016 12:15 AM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
[...]

iTunes is different on iOS as it’s the iTunes Store and not the iTunes desktop program we all love, or hate as the case seems to be on Windows.

On 11 Sep 2016, at 05:35, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm glad it works for you. But on my friend's Ipad and phone. Itunes is
different.

This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying as
hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc. Its a
shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've wrote,
nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and you
need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda goes
away there's no speech.

Life My Way

Strange because i use nvda all the time and i can browse and the like picking what i want no crashs of nvda this i can prove if people so wish me to.

On 9/11/2016 11:58 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
[...]

yes, even the I devices. Itunes has changed!

This bull has been happening since NVDA 2015.4 and .3. Its annoying
as
hell. You can't brows the store, Apple Music, manage your account etc.
Its a shame that NVDA sill does this. Plus iTunes isn't what it used to be.

On 9/9/2016 9:32 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

So i just wanted to test out iTunes, using the master snapshot of nvda.

When you type into the search box, and try to review what you've
wrote,
nvda doesn't speak.

Also when looking for something in the store, nvda goes away, and
you
need to restart it again.

I'm not sure how to create a log of the crash, because when nvda
goes
away there's no speech.

Gene

The message describing the problem said more like silent speech.  That implies that speech is crashing.  And that raises the question of what synthesizers people are using, which may account for the different results.

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 1:08 PM

Strange because i use nvda all the time and i can browse and the like
picking what i want no crashs of nvda this i can prove if people so wish
me to.

On 9/11/2016 11:58 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
> That good Ron, but as already stated by me and others NVDA still will
> crash. More like silence speech. This mess has been going on since V
> 2015.3 into the current version.
>

> On 9/11/2016 12:15 AM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
>> I am able to browse and use the Itunes store just fine with nvda, I
>> agree that Itunes needs a rewrite but the store works great for me.
>>

>> On 9/10/2016 3:34 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
>>> Unfortunately that's Apple.  Now they are starting to do it with
>>> their hardware too.  :-(
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Lino Morales

Well as I already stated month ago I use MS David. I did however once use crappy ESpeak with the same result.

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 1:08 PM

Strange because i use nvda all the time and i can browse and the like
picking what i want no crashs of nvda this i can prove if people so wish
me to.

On 9/11/2016 11:58 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
> That good Ron, but as already stated by me and others NVDA still will
> crash. More like silence speech. This mess has been going on since V
> 2015.3 into the current version.
>

> On 9/11/2016 12:15 AM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
>> I am able to browse and use the Itunes store just fine with nvda, I
>> agree that Itunes needs a rewrite but the store works great for me.
>>

>> On 9/10/2016 3:34 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
>>> Unfortunately that's Apple.  Now they are starting to do it with
>>> their hardware too.  :-(
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Gene

What do you mean by silent speech.  Are you saying that if you move away from or close ITunes, speech resumes or are you saying that speech crashes?

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 6:25 PM

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 1:08 PM

Strange because i use nvda all the time and i can browse and the like
picking what i want no crashs of nvda this i can prove if people so wish
me to.

On 9/11/2016 11:58 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
> That good Ron, but as already stated by me and others NVDA still will
> crash. More like silence speech. This mess has been going on since V
> 2015.3 into the current version.
>

> On 9/11/2016 12:15 AM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
>> I am able to browse and use the Itunes store just fine with nvda, I
>> agree that Itunes needs a rewrite but the store works great for me.
>>

>> On 9/10/2016 3:34 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
>>> Unfortunately that's Apple.  Now they are starting to do it with
>>> their hardware too.  :-(
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Matt Turner

Hi gene.

For me, it happens when I'm in the iTunes store.

For example, I could be using down arrow thru a page, then nvda goes away.

To get NVDA  back, I have to hit ctrl+alt+n.
After nvda restarts, I have to end the process of iTunes with task manager, because for some reason iTunes doesn't respond.

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 6:25 PM

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 1:08 PM

Strange because i use nvda all the time and i can browse and the like
picking what i want no crashs of nvda this i can prove if people so wish
me to.

On 9/11/2016 11:58 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
> That good Ron, but as already stated by me and others NVDA still will
> crash. More like silence speech. This mess has been going on since V
> 2015.3 into the current version.
>

> On 9/11/2016 12:15 AM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
>> I am able to browse and use the Itunes store just fine with nvda, I
>> agree that Itunes needs a rewrite but the store works great for me.
>>

>> On 9/10/2016 3:34 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
>>> Unfortunately that's Apple.  Now they are starting to do it with
>>> their hardware too.  :-(
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Lino Morales

Speech crashes alltogether. I restart NVDA while iTunes still running. Alt tab back to the iTunes window and it's gone again. I have to restart both using the task manager or doing a full restart altogether.

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 6:25 PM

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 1:08 PM

Strange because i use nvda all the time and i can browse and the like
picking what i want no crashs of nvda this i can prove if people so wish
me to.

On 9/11/2016 11:58 AM, Lino Morales wrote:
> That good Ron, but as already stated by me and others NVDA still will
> crash. More like silence speech. This mess has been going on since V
> 2015.3 into the current version.
>

> On 9/11/2016 12:15 AM, Life My Way via Groups.io wrote:
>> I am able to browse and use the Itunes store just fine with nvda, I
>> agree that Itunes needs a rewrite but the store works great for me.
>>

>> On 9/10/2016 3:34 AM, Kerry Fielding wrote:
>>> Unfortunately that's Apple.  Now they are starting to do it with
>>> their hardware too.  :-(
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Life My Way

strange that has not happened to me.