Topics

vocalizer 4.0

Life My Way

when will the new driver for vocalizer 4.0 be out?

On 9/9/2016 9:09 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Send it also to me, please!

rui.fontes@...

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Mallard
Data: 9 de setembro de 2016 14:35
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Strange issue with NVDA 2016.3 and Hims BrailleSense
Plus

Hello Paul,

Yes, please! Could you send me the .dll file at

mallard@...

I suppose you'll have to send a link; I don't know whether servers would
block a .dll file as such.

I'm sure my friend will be forever grateful, and not just him!

Thanks ever so much!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 09/09/2016 14:46, P. Otter ha scritto:
hi, i know that problem, there is an error in a .dll file.

there is a new one, i don't know why they don't implement it in the new
version of nvda.

i can if you want post the correct .dll file.

you can find the .dll in the folder /nvda/brailledisplay drivers/hims

there you find a .dll called HanSoneConnect.dll

but this one is wrong, it connects the display not correct.

you have to overwrite it with the new one and all your problems are gone.

i hear if you want it.

cheers

paul otter

Op 9-9-2016 om 11:15 schreef Mallard:
Hello all,

A friend reports installing a Hims BrailleSense Plus with NVDA 2016.3 on
Windows 10 (latest update), and experiencing the following issues:

1. NVDA doesn't retain the braille display selection, and the device must
be selected every time he connects it, or restarts NVDA;

2. The braille display command keys and cursor routings don't respond,
although they did as soon as the device was installed.

Both the laptop and NVDA have been rebooted a few times to check whether
they would return to work correctly, but no success.

I know the braille display is a BrailleSense Plus with qwerty, and that
braille settings are on "Braille display follows focus".

I hope someone has some advice, because the guy is a teacher, and badly
needs his device to work properly at scholl, as well as at home.

Ciao,
Ollie

.

Rui Fontes

We can not gave any date since we are waiting a technical answer from
Nuance, and we do not want to release the new version without solving the
problem...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

when will the new driver for vocalizer 4.0 be out?

Nimer Jaber

He actually said June. I believe that there is no update coming, and will be surprised if we do get one. There are new voices that we do not have, and errors with certain content not being read out, and numerous other bugs that have existed ever since this last version. Promises have been made, and yet there is still no update... yet it is still being sold. you won't get an answer about the technical fix because there it is proprietary or something... they can't even release a beta... makes me think that there is no update coming. Who knows though. It would be nice if I was wrong.

Thanks.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM Life My Way via Groups.io <lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
then how come you said that they would be out in july? what technol
issue is happening just wondering.

On 9/9/2016 2:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> We can not gave any date since we are waiting a technical answer from
> Nuance, and we do not want to release the new version without solving the
> problem...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rui Fontes
> Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Kevin Cussick

Hi, sadly I think your correct. ripped off yet again.

<lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

then how come you said that they would be out in july? what technol
issue is happening just wondering.

On 9/9/2016 2:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> We can not gave any date since we are waiting a technical answer from
> Nuance, and we do not want to release the new version without
solving the
> problem...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rui Fontes
> Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Arlene

Loll! I guess you need a cup of coffee to cheer yourself up.

Hi, sadly I think your correct. ripped off yet again.

On 09/09/2016 21:23, Nimer Jaber wrote:
He actually said June. I believe that there is no update coming, and
will be surprised if we do get one. There are new voices that we do
not have, and errors with certain content not being read out, and
numerous other bugs that have existed ever since this last version.
Promises have been made, and yet there is still no update... yet it is
still being sold. you won't get an answer about the technical fix
because there it is proprietary or something... they can't even
release a beta... makes me think that there is no update coming. Who
knows though. It would be nice if I was wrong.

Thanks.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM Life My Way via Groups.io
<lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

then how come you said that they would be out in july? what technol
issue is happening just wondering.

On 9/9/2016 2:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> We can not gave any date since we are waiting a technical answer from
> Nuance, and we do not want to release the new version without
solving the
> problem...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rui Fontes
> Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Hello, yes I have had a cup of coffee and feel a bit better thank you.

On 9 Sep 2016, at 21:50, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Loll! I guess you need a cup of coffee to cheer yourself up.

when will the new driver for vocalizer 4.0 be out?

Arlene

No problem. I had to laugh about your saying you got wripped off again. I'm
glad you feel better! After having your cup of coffee!

De: Life My Way via Groups.io
Data: 9 de setembro de 2016 16:20
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io

when will the new driver for vocalizer 4.0 be out?

Mallard

Trust Nuance for messing things up!!! lol

Ciao,

Ollie

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM Life My Way via Groups.io <lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

then how come you said that they would be out in july? what technol
issue is happening just wondering.

On 9/9/2016 2:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> We can not gave any date since we are waiting a technical answer
from
> Nuance, and we do not want to release the new version without
solving the
> problem...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rui Fontes
> Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Rui dear,

You have all my solidarity and understanding...

Hang in there!

Ciao, stai bene,

Ollie

Il 09/09/2016 21:00, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
We can not gave any date since we are waiting a technical answer from
Nuance, and we do not want to release the new version without solving the
problem...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

when will the new driver for vocalizer 4.0 be out?

Mallard

Ciao Rui,

Looking forward to that...

Thanks for your continued work.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 10/09/2016 19:37, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
Ciao Ollie and helloall!

The technical problem is the change in pronunciation of some words, modified
by the presence, before or after, of other words...
At least in portuguese is a serious problem...

We will surely release the new version...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Trust Nuance for messing things up!!! lol

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 09/09/2016 22:23, Nimer Jaber ha scritto:
He actually said June. I believe that there is no update coming, and will be surprised if we do get one. There are new voices that we do not have, and errors with certain content not being read out, and numerous other bugs that have existed ever since this last version. Promises have been made, and yet there is still no update... yet it is still being sold. you won't get an answer about the technical fix because there it is proprietary or something... they can't even release a beta... makes me think that there is no update coming. Who knows though. It would be nice if I was wrong.

Thanks.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM Life My Way via Groups.io <lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

then how come you said that they would be out in july? what technol
issue is happening just wondering.

On 9/9/2016 2:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> We can not gave any date since we are waiting a technical answer
from
> Nuance, and we do not want to release the new version without
solving the
> problem...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rui Fontes
> Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Георги Ламбов <obichamlegiona@...>

I really can't understand where is the problem and why do they hurry so much with the new version of vocalizer. I believe everybody

has at least one synthesizer on his computer! Then, where is the problem?
Georgi
На 10.9.2016 г. в 21:52 ч., Mallard написа: